Title: Director of Food Services
PURPOSE According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable state, federal and accreditation regulations and under the general supervision of the Administrator assumes the responsibility for the preparation and distribution of all foods for residents and personnel. The Director is also responsible for the general supervision of the Dietary Department.
- Oversees the preparation of all food in sufficient quantities to cover all service requirements and to meet time standards.
- Adheres to all sanitary regulations and safety governing the handling, preparation and serving of food.
- Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates all employees involved in the Dietary Department.
- Confers with the Dietician regarding operating problems, resident food service, and therapeutic diets.
- Assists with menu planning.
- Purchases food, supplies, and equipment within budget. Checks food deliveries from suppliers.
- Interviews residents concerning their dietary needs and advises staff as to the dietary status of residents. Confers with dietician, physicians, and nursing regarding dietary problems of residents.
- Works closely with others involved in resident care.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the assigned departments within constraints of prescribed budgetary guidelines to include accurate and timely payroll submission, HR, A/P, A/R, and billing procedures.
- Attends and participates in department head meetings, plan of care meetings, and Quality Assurance and Assessment Committee.
- Conducts and participates in in-services educational programs.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences’ Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
- Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET—Director of Food Services
Education: Associate’s degree or certified in a relevant field.
Experience: Two to four years health care dining services management required. Executive Chef in a restaurant or hotel preferred.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English. Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: Certified Dietary Manager, Safe Serve Certification _______________________________________________________________________
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare ( R) = 0-24%; Sometimes ( S) = 25-49%; Frequent ( F) = 50-74%; Continuous ( C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing S= Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs. S = Standing R = Pushing S = 26-50 lbs. S = Sitting R = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs. S = Walking R = Driving ` R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, heat, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.