Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
The Director of Food and Nutritional Services is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial manager who is constantly seeking a better way to conduct business. This key leadership position is directly responsible for the successful operation of Food & Nutrition Services in an Acute Care Hospital. The Director ensures client, customer service/satisfaction with efficient cost effective management meeting and exceeding stated expectations. Responsible for all foodservice-related activities; including patient care, non-patient care (retail, cafeteria, catering etc), quality improvement, sanitation, infection control and all hospital-related activities.
- B.S. Degree in Food Services Technology/Management or related field; or A.A. Degree plus four (4) years of directly related experience preferred
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of hospital or adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of direct foodservice operational management experience with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Strong knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Previous P&L accountability or contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Strong supervisory, leadership, management and coaching skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels
- Excellent financial, budgetary, accounting and computational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe® Certified
- Certified Dietary Manager certificate or Registered Dietitian
Job ID: RL08221779960