SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Director of Food and Beverage for SAVOR/SMG McLane Stadium at Baylor University The Director will direct and coordinate the entire food and beverage operation at Savor/SMG McLane Stadium at Baylor University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Markets Food and Beverage services to clients and establishes Food and Beverage control.
- Creates Food and Beverage sales projections and budgets for facility events.
- Develops event work plans including scheduling and ordering, and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates.
- Reviews food and beverage lists submitted by each facility manager to determine that sufficient items are ordered weekly.
- Oversees Food and Beverage operations during event to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintains cost and quality control standards.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Analyzes information concerning facility operation such as daily food sales, patron attendance, and labor costs to prepare budget and to maintain cost control of facility operations.
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
Manages subordinate Catering, Concessions, and Chef/Kitchen supervisors. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of any of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) in Food & Beverage Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Food & Beverage management level (Director preferred) position.
- Previous food preparation experience is preferred.
- Catering management experience required.
- Experience in a multi-purpose equitable facility preferred.
- Proven track record of exceeding customer service and quality standards required.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.