Director of Food, Beverage &Retail
Sheraton Vistana Resort has soothing fountains and world-class amenities are just minutes away from the best of Orlando's attractions, making this the perfect place for you to create unforgettable vacation experiences for our guests.
- Plan and direct with outlet managers the administration and team work of F&B/Retail department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- In working with the F&B/Retail outlet managers, implement effective controls of food, beverage, merchandise, labor and direct expenses among all outlets. Assist in establishing their budgets and forecasts and achieving NOI objectives and brand standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel in the F&B/Retail Department. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well-trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development. Oversee departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Direct involvement with outlet interviewing, training, supervising and disciplining associates under the direction of the General Manager. Provide associate development through constructive immediate feedback and one-on-one coaching and counseling.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of all restaurants, bars and retail to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate with the GM and outlet managers in the creation of effective merchandising designed to maximize revenue.
- Develop (with the aid of the outlet managers) operating tools necessary to implement help with budgeting, forecasting, purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, vendor relations, etc.
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various F&B/Retail outlets including banquets and in villa dining.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a management position, of at least 3 years, at a high volume resort.
- Ten years’ experience in overall Food & Beverage operation as well as management experience. Culinary, sales and service background required.
- Excellent business capabilities and leadership skills.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace in order to facilitate the communication process.
- Knowledgeable of mathematical calculations and SAP accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Computer literacy with word processing, graphics and spread sheets.
- Positive attitude and openness to feedback for improvement.
- Ability to effectively supervise and lead people and manage resources.
- Show flexibility in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Professional confident demeanor and ability to “think on feet”.