Industry: Hospitality & Recreation•
Not Specified years
Posted 35 days ago
At the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel and Spa you can experience the indigenous arts and culture of Alaska right at your fingertips. One of the finest hotels in the city, the Sheraton is just moments from downtown Anchorage's best restaurants museums and attractions, while still being located in the heart of the great Alaskan wilderness. Discover some of the best views in the city at the hotel's Ice Spa overlooking majestic views of the Cook Inlet and Chugach Mountain range.
What you will be doing
• Efficiently supervise, guide and train all management level associates in the food and beverage discipline, ensuring management is covering all hours of every shift to ensure constant supervision of each department.
• Schedule, evaluate and direct all food and beverage personnel, including providing disciplinary action if necessary.
• Ensure appropriate inventory of supplies and materials needed for associates to perform their jobs.
• Establish, direct and review performance standards in food preparation, purchasing and production to ensure effective, controlled and coordinated efforts are achieved. Ensure safe food handling protocols are followed at all times.
• Monitor, direct and coordinate effective sanitation, cleanliness and organization efforts in food and beverage areas.
• Establish, direct and review liquor procedures to ensure adequate security and accountability.
What we are looking for
• Prior experience in Food and Beverage leadership role, with proven record of success
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations as it relates to food and liquor, ensuring food and beverage staff have all been trained in responsible alcohol service.
• High work ethic and self-initiative
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite
• Some travel may be required
• May be required to work varying schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Someone who enjoys working as and being part of a team that provides great experiences for our Guests!