Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
This is not your ordinary luxury Resort.
This is not your ordinary F&B operation.
This is the legendary Omni La Costa Resort & Spa.
We are southern California’s premier luxury Resort and our Food and Beverage operation is second to none!
We need an EXTRAORDINARY Director of Food and Beverage to lead our 600+ F&B Associates to new heights!
Our F&B offerings are diverse and each one of them packs a punch in terms of volume, service and quality. We have an award-winning steakhouse, “Bob’s,” outdoor dining at the “Spa Café,” a bustling “Marketplace,” adult cocktails at the “Edge” pool and “Diversions” lounge and family offerings at “Splash.” We have all-day In-Room Dining servicing over 600 guest rooms across our sprawling campus-style Resort and a Banquets team famous for delivering a luxury experience regardless of scale. We also deliver food and beverage offerings at our two 18-hole golf courses. All this is supported by incredibly successful and innovative culinary leaders and a top-notch stewarding department that works seamlessly with each F&B area.
Bottom line: this is an incredible opportunity to the region’s premier F&B operation and we need an extraordinary leader who can manage the complexity of our offerings, inspire more positive change and take us to the next level.
We need creativity, superior financial acumen, experience leading a diverse and multi-faceted team, energy and drive and top-notch leadership skills.
- Provides leadership for all areas of the Food and Beverage operation. Inspires, motivates, educates and coaches others to success.
- Ensures the property’s F&B offerings and outlets continuously innovate and stay ahead of or current with the trends that best meet our property’s unique goals.
- Responsible for ensuring quality of service in all areas. Maintains quality goals, specifically by appropriate and persistent follow-up on personal observation, in-house manager’s observation/reports, guest comments and external quality reports.
- Ensures the company’ culture is reinforced and enhanced without making sacrifices to what is expected in the industry.
- Continuously innovates service standards and implements new approaches to service.
- Continuously stays informed of regional, local and national trends (i.e. reading periodicals, competitive shopping and developing menu ideas library).
- Develops interesting, innovative and balanced food menus and beverage selections on a timely basis that are appropriate and responsive to the local market, in close partnership with Executive Chef.
- Merchandises food, wine and other beverages through an aesthetically pleasing and appropriate menu design, imaginative and attractive food and wine displays, as well as exciting and innovative banquet set-up.
- Works effectively with the Marketing staff in the development of successful, result oriented F&B advertising, public relations and direct mail system.
- Recommends operating criteria in compliance with Food & Beverage Standards for each outlet through detailed, hands-on, direct supervision.
- Controls costs in the areas of payroll (through labor standards), food cost, beverage cost, operating expenses, and inventory levels.
- Responds effectively to internal audit reports and recommendations.
- Maintains emphasis in the Catering Department on proactive sales activity, particularly for need periods, using detailed sales analysis of catering business by market segment and time period.
- Keep updated on the financial/business performance (both current and forecast) and actively analyze and implement required changes. Responsible for profit and loss monthly reporting and presentation to corporate office.
- Balances the need for financial control with the need to remain consistent with OMNI standards and values.
- Ensures the enforcement of high standards of hygiene and sanitation throughout the F&B area.
- Proactive in safety and accident prevention.
- Regularly tastes food and gives constructive suggestions to Chef regarding food preparation and presentation.
- Sets and maintains high standards of food and beverage service and practice throughout the hotel.
- Identifies training needs, initiates and reviews training and re-training. Personally runs programs if necessary.
- Applies sound knowledge of a variety of service styles to a range of different situations in an appropriate manner, setting high standards throughout the hotel.
- Development of yearly budgets per department for Food and Beverage outlets.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES In charge of all Food and Beverage staff at the Resort.
- 10+ years of Food and Beverage experience with significant experience in large multi-faceted Hotel/Resort settings.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a high volume, high revenue resort.
- Ideally experienced in all the principal areas of Resort Food and Beverage. Must have extensive experience in banquet operations, restaurant outlets, and golf cart food & beverage.
- Experience in a union environment is highly preferred.