Qualifications: Education, knowledge, training, and work experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in the hospitality industry.
• Two years as a food and beverage director or assistant food and beverage director.
• Knowledge of Micros.
• Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Pleasant and positive personality.
• Well organized.
What you will be doing
• Attend weekly Coordination and Department Head meetings. Relay information about upcoming events to staff under his/her supervision. Relay company policy and procedures to staff under his/her supervision.
• Supply information about department capabilities and programs to other departments and clients or potential clients.
• Respond to needs and requests of guests and potential guests.
• Ensure that implementation and maintenance of standards of food, beverage and service quality are commensurate with a first-class conference center.
• Implement affective cost controls for food, beverage and labor.
Systems Development and Implementation
• Develop workable systems for inventory, receiving and product utilization (product cost).
• Develop standards of productivity for food & beverage personnel.
• Responsible for implementing company-wide system.
• Create appealing, high quality, marketable cycle menus and special event menus.
• Create a comfortable atmosphere to encourage committed and loyal employees.
• Oversee hiring and training programs for food and beverage personnel.
• Develop management skills in employees.
• Oversee weekly payroll for department.
• Responsible for corrective action in regards to unsatisfactory performance.
• Respond to any reasonable task assigned by General Manager.
• Assist in the restaurant in whatever capacity needed.
• Help out in other food and beverage outlets when needed.
Indoors, dimly lit, carpeted, climate controlled environment. Hard kitchen floors with occasional slippery or greasy areas. Handling hot china and silver. Outdoors, cement surfaces, with exposure to outdoor climate and