This position oversees the overall operations of Nutritional Services. Plans, directs, and coordinates all activities for the areas of responsibility. Creates policies and procedures to ensure department(s)/service line(s) operate within the guidelines of Medical City Arlington regulations and that of regulatory agencies. Devises the quality improvement program for assigned areas. Participates in the development of the operating and capital budgets. Interviews and hires staff in accordance with HR policies and guidelines. As a member of Medical City Arlington's management team, makes a significant contribution to the public perception of the hospital. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the development and enforcement of policies and procedures that ensure safe, quality patient care.
- Ensures appropriate personnel are available to staff in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for fostering a respectful work life community and maintaining an acceptable turnover ratio within areas of responsibility.
- Directs positive staff engagement and frequent, appropriate communication with staff.
- Coordinates HR activities within areas of responsibility for the organization's staff that coincide with the strategic goals of the facility. Manages operations within budgetary guidelines.
- Directs the quality and performance improvement activities in the department.
- Directs activities to ensure positive customer satisfaction results.
- Facilitates positive, productive relationships with physicians.
- Delegates activities and tasks appropriately.
- Assures departmental compliance with all national, state, local, and other agencies (e.g., CMS, TDH, JCAHO).
- Bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited institution with a major in food and nutrition or food service administration is preferred.
- Current Food Safety Manager Permit from an ANSI accredited course.
- Must have minimum three (3) to of five (5) years experience in the management of a food services department.
- Previous hospital experience preferred.