Director of Fleet Maintenance
About The Company
Our client, Performance Team is an industry-leading third-party logistics provider with nearly 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing them to provide a variety of services to an array of industry verticals including mass retail, apparel, and footwear companies.
The Director of Fleet Maintenance will contribute to the profitability of the company by developing and executing the Fleet Maintenance strategy, budgeting and executing the budget on a National basis. This individual will oversee 9 direct reports and have complete responsibility of 250 company power units and 3000 trailers. This individual will apprise Executive Team about fleet performance and costs. Makes presentations and prepares reports for the Executive Team.
Role you will play:
- Performs justification and life cycle cost analyses; performs trend analyses for various vehicle performance and maintenance issues and related expenses.
- Update and interact in fleet system.
- Supports and contributes to the development and success of warranty and policy programs for recovery of expenses.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for vehicle maintenance using known best practices.
- Assists in the direction of departmental activities in budget cycle requirements.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on scope of work and specifications for major purchases related to fleet maintenance.
- Has management responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
- Identify and monitor equipment sent to outside sources for repairs.
- 5+ years of P&L experience.
- Minimum of 5years supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 5years with technician/mechanicexperience with familiarity with key truck parts.
- Experience with transportation management systems (TMS).
- Demonstrated leadership and people-management skills.
- Base salary
- Bonus potential
- 401k + other benefits