Our client is a global market leader in the services industry and they wish to hire a Director of Financial Reporting with essential daily duties as follows:-
- Global Financial reporting
- Responsible for the preparation of financial reports filed with the SEC including, Forms 10-Q, 10-K and quarterly earnings releases.
- Responsible for stand-alone reporting requirements (e.g. statutory) for companies within the portfolio.
- Responsible for the review of the quarterly financial statements including the balance sheet and statements of operations, shareholders' equity and cash flow in accordance with US GAAP, including commentary for the MD&A analysis.
- Responsible for continued compliance with US GAAP.
- Continuously review and monitoring of competitor's filings to ensure our disclosures are in line with our peer group.
- SOX controls - ensure that operational and design effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting are maintained to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Research and monitor new accounting pronouncements and work with accounting department to provide practical implementation advice when applicable and ensure proper disclosure.
- Analyze financial, accounting and operational impacts of proposed transactions as required.
- Analyze and develop accounting policies for day to day business activities (e.g. new contracts, etc).
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Advanced understanding of GAAP and the ability to apply GAAP to new and existing transactions.
- Must have prior SEC reporting responsibilities and clear proficiency in SEC reporting requirements and research.
- CPA required
- Big 4 experience