CHUGACH’S EXPECTED BEHAVIORS:
Chugach is looking for more people who believe that the following behaviors are fundamental to any job:
- Always do the right thing
- Creating meaningful value
- Leave things better than you found them
- Empowering people
- Building community
SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Director of Financial Reporting directs and oversees the preparation and distribution of various internal financial statements to management, maintenance of the general ledger, and ensuring all transactions and documentation complies with GAAP accounting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the preparation and distribution of internal financial statements and reports, ensuring quality, reliability, and accuracy.
- Confirms that entries, transactions, and accounts are accurately and properly consolidated and are included in financial statements.
- Develops and maintains the integrity of the financialreporting process and financial controls.
- Develops, coordinates, and updates written policies and procedures relating to the financialreporting process.
- Manages the reporting calendar and coordinates the receipt and analysis of financial activities to ensure adherence to the agreed upon schedule.
- Maintains and strengthens internal controls over financialreporting to safeguard Chugach financial assets.
- Develops and maintains dashboard tools to keep senior leadership informed on performance against operating plans and forecasts
- Creates new reporting tools to measure and understand Chugach’s financial performance and business drivers and apply them to improve the accuracy and integrity of planning processes.
- Advises management of trends and changes in reporting requirements and recommends best approaches for any changes in reporting.
- Aids business unit finance teams in the preparation of forecasts and annual operating plans.
- Coordinates the preparation and analysis of the corporate department budget with the department leaders.
- Consolidates the annual subsidiary budgets and capital budget requests into the consolidated budget and business plan. Prepares financial narratives and perform related variance and trending analysis.
- Serves as primary liaison with and oversees the work of external auditors.
- Produces the management’s discussion and analysis section of the annual report.
- Makes recommendations for continuous process improvements to maximize efficiency in financialreporting and operations.
- Prepares materials for board meetings for review by the Vice President of Finance and the CFO.
- Performs related work as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional work experience in corporate finance, accounting, investments, consulting, or related field.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and other MS Office applications, and financial software applications.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Extremely detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a growth environment.
- Highly process driven and can manage projects across departments.
- Highest level of integrity and honesty; the ability to professionally assume responsibility for highly-sensitive and confidential information.
- At certain times of the year (such as month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting periods) may be required to work extra hours to meet important deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting/GAAP, budgeting and related accounting and record keeping
- Best practices in internal controls and reporting.
- Present complex financial information and concepts in an easy-to-understand format.
- Analyze raw data, draws conclusions, and develops actionable commercial and strategic recommendations.
- Craft analyses which realistically model the business dynamics.
- Utilize advanced analytical skills and ability to build and manage financial models for business scenarios.
- Ability to identify and interpret financial information, articulate problems, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions, and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Coordinate multiple projects and competing demands at one time, some high-level and some requiring attention to
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a diverse audience.
- MBA or other related graduate degree, or other financial/investment certification preferred.
- Experience with an Alaska Native
- Experience with various Enterprise Reporting Platforms (ERP) and various computerized accounting systems.
- Experience with Business Intelligence (Bl)
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
10 years:Minimum of ten (10) years professional work experience in corporate finance, accounting, investments, consulting, or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
Certified Public Accntnt