BackOffice Associates, LLC is a worldwide leader in information governance and data migration solutions, focusing on helping customers manage one of their most critical assets – data. Our company’s range of products, built on a revolutionary platform, address the needs of business users seeking to unlock the value of their data assets. BackOffice Associates’ products and services enable organizations to accelerate growth, gain actionable visibility and reduce risks. Founded in 1996, BackOffice Associates has an unparalleled record of success in the most complex data environments across a variety of industries. Customers include many Fortune 1 companies including Eli Lilly, Kraft and Dow Chemical. BackOffice Associates is a global corporation headquartered in Massachusetts with additional offices in the U.S., Australia, Europe and Asia. We are looking for energetic, self-directed, committed and goal- oriented individuals with the desire to join a world-class organization.
The Director of FP&A leads the team that manages and optimizes recurring budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, and financial decision support processes across the organization. In addition to building a deep understanding of the financial risks and opportunities facing the company, the Director of FP&A will also be responsible for partnering cross-functionally with our Executives, VPs, and Directors to drive a culture of prudent financial decision-making.
You will help drive decision-making and measure success around strategic planning, resourcing, and investments. In addition, you will own BOA’s long-term forecast model with a focus ondriving predictability across key financial and operating metrics. Additionally, the role will be responsible for interfacing with the finance team of the investment partners, along with Board material preparation and analysis.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent business/financial acumen, a strategic thought-partner to our leadership team, and has the ability to balance multiple priorities while consistently meeting time-sensitive deadlines with enterprise-class quality.
- Lead all financial forecasting and reporting initiatives for the business
- Provide support and preparation for all Investor Relations and Board of Directors meetings
- Develop a robust annual and long-term business planning process
- Ensure alignment between strategy, business and financial planning to include developing policies, process, timelines, cadence, tools, and communication
- Drive annual financial planning cycle and quarterly business reviews
- Drive monthly/quarterly financial forecast process and reporting cycle
- Partner with the Controller in order to ensure the company’s internal controls, corporate accounting and treasury needs are properly addressed at all times
- Learn the details and be prepared to roll up your sleeves, when needed in order to meet executive expectations
- Define and monitor key business drivers and partner with our key stakeholders to define priorities
- Deliver data-driven and actionable insights that drive decision-making
- Lead business intelligence, reporting and planning tool initiatives
- Build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships with senior leadership
- Build and manage a high-performing team by setting goals and helping people succeed in their careers
- BS Finance or Accounting required, MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive FP&A experience in roles of increasing responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the software and professional services industry
- Experience managing annual budgets of $250M+
- Experience creating quarterly financial plans including KPI’s
- Experience driving international forecasting, reporting, and consolidations
- Expertise in business analytics and tools including advanced Excel skills, MS Great Plains and SalesForce
- Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead large scale initiatives and projects with executive management
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Implementation of planning system is a plus
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop team members