Serena & Lily is seeking a Director of FP&A to join our team in Sausalito, CA. This position reports directly to our Chief Financial Officer (CFO), is fast-paced and provides an outstanding opportunity to understand and influence our business. The role will be responsible for delivering decision support and performance management capabilities that will enable business partners and executive leadership to make timely decisions and achieve desiredfinancial results. The Director of FP&A will be focused on multiple cross-functional areas including Marketing, Operations, Merchandising and IT, in addition to core FP&Aresponsibilities such as planning, analysis and reporting. The Director of FP&A will have significant visibility to the company’s executive leadership team. We are looking for someone who will have an opinion, and not be afraid to share it.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead budget, forecast, and financial management including the development of short- and long-term plans for achieving strategic objectives; lead weekly cash flow and liquidity forecasting
- Drive rigor and continuous improvement in financial analysis, systems, reporting, and processes
- Identify trends and high level business issues and recommend actions for improving results
- Partner and support the business to grow data and analytic capabilities and build financial literacy in the organization
- Participate with Accounting team in accomplishing all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting obligations
- Lead, develop, and motivate the FP&A team consisting of 1 Manager and 1-2 analysts
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility in financial analysis; Retail experience very desirable
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with focus on Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Superior analytical skills with strong attention to detail - ability to synthesize and simplify large amounts of data
- Confident leader who is approachable and proactive about building relationships
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple strategic projects with varying deadlines and importance
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced, and actionable insights.
- Skills in navigating through various systems to obtain information and create advanced spreadsheets
- Expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving team environment and across functional groups
- High level of ethics, integrity, discretion and confidentiality
- Track record of success in leading initiatives to completion in high-change, high-volume environments.