Owl Labs is seeking a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to provide financial leadership and business planning in a hyper-growth environment. Our organization and revenues are growing exponentially, and we are well positioned as the world embraces hybrid work and hybrid learning environments. We need a steady hand to partner with the CFO and executive team to guide us through sound business decision making practices.
This individual will be responsible for forecasting/planning, cashflow management and ensuring that Owl Labs has the systems in place to support effective business analysis. This is a unique opportunity to impact direction and influence decision-making with financial analysis and data driven insights for a fast-growing innovative startup.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for the financial planning and analysis function which includes the following:
- Lead planning, forecasting, and financial reporting processes across the company.
- Develop a multi-dimensional budget approach which incorporates global regions, multiple product lines, and key G/L cost centers.
- Drive P&L and cashflow management strategies and assist in determining the appropriate investment levels.
- Play a key role in fundraising activities, driving a clear financial outlook and leading due diligence activities.
- Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drive ad hoc analyses to provide actionable insights to the executive team.
- Be a thought leader and partner cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies and strategic initiatives while scaling the company.
- Develop the rigor and infrastructure to operate as a public company (IPO).
- Provide mentorship and leadership to the Finance team.
- Inspire and motivate team members while translating business goals into priorities and individual performance measures aligned with goals.
We are looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis who is a highly strategic financial business partner who brings their financial acumen to every discussion to ensure the team plans and aligns on the best path forward. This person must be a leader who will support Owl Labs by analyzing and understanding the results of the company from both a financial and operational perspective to help drive strategic business decisions.
- 10+ years of experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting in a high growth environment.
- A combination of work experience in FP&A, finance, strategy or accounting at a high-growth tech company, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting.
- Strong financial modeling & analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management.
- Enjoys working in an agile, fast-paced, startup environment. Ability to wear multiple hats.
- Energetic can-do attitude and excellent leadership & team management skills. Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- Effective project management skills. Possesses critical thinking and decision-making, analytical problem solving, business astuteness, and process orientation skills.
- Independent, self-starter - able to set agenda and drive progress with little direction.
- Superior organization & attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
- Leadership and cross-functional collaboration experience with demonstrated examples of impact. Ability to build rapport with people and teams at all levels of organization.