At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for working directly with the VP of Finance and SVP in order to oversee accuracy, prudence, and efficiency in all aspects of Invoicing, Accounts Payable, and Morton Grove Office Management within Bunzl Retail Services.
This position is located in Morton Grove, IL. This is not a remote role. No relocation.
- Plan, forecast, and report processes of the company, including monthly forecasts, annual budget, and five-year business outlook.
- Drive the annual budget and monthly forecasting process while providing visibility on profitability, efficiencies, and key operational metrics.
- Prepare monthly financial analyses reporting to aid in the understanding of key business activity for operational decision making.
- Identify, track, and forecast the main drivers and transactions of the organization; provide accountability for forecast accuracy, continuous improvement, and delivery of results.
- Create and implement a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements and detailed reporting of key P&L drivers and other financial metrics along with comprehensive explanations of variances and trends.
- Participate in financial modeling and due diligence efforts related to the company’s ongoing merger and acquisition (M&A) activities; model potential changes to capital structure, acquisition, and divestiture planning
- Manage the hiring, training, evaluation and development of Finance team staff. Motivate, evaluate and develop associates. Foster an environment that encourages great teamwork and communication.
- Lead, manage and develop assigned staff
- Lead special projects as required by senior management
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Analysis of monthly results and forecast completed timely and with high degree of support and accuracy; provides target audience with an efficient summary of the story behind the numbers
- Alert VP of Finance to changes in anticipated outcomes as well as analysis of underlying reasons for change
- Annual budget prepared on time and with consideration of relevant business strategy variables
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business administration or similar from an accredited college or university is required; Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in good standing preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in finance, accounting, and planning is required with career showing roles of progressive responsibility and authority.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with the ability to improve and provide insights, prioritize and respond quickly within a rapidly changing environment.
- Highest standards for accuracy and precision; must be highly organized with the ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Strong budgeting, forecasting, strategic planning, and financial modeling experience along with a solid knowledge of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Strong proficiency in MS Office including advanced MS Excel skills.
- Prior experience with HFM and/or TM1 preferred
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.