Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will manage the Financial Planning and Analysis function to reflect insurance industry best practices, including measuring, analyzing and forecastingfinancial results and making recommendations about product pricing, cost allocations and profitability targets. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop analytical tools and reports to evaluate the profitability of the Fund and its different segments of business.
- Advise on allocations of expenses and measure expenses as part of profitability analysis.
- Project revenues, expenses, and other factors in order to forecast business results.
- Recommend changes in pricing or operations to optimize the Fund’s financial results;
- Compare the Fund’s performance and results to competitors and peers and develop recommendations based on those comparisons.
- Supervise various teams of employees, including the following finance departments: Financial Planning Analysis, Expense Management, Analytics and Metrics.
Must possess a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, or Accounting, and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPAs).
- The ideal candidate would have at least six years’ experience in the casualty insurance industry, evaluating areas such as profitability, expenses, returns, and otherfinancial metrics, and experience with reporting and analyzing such metrics.
- Financial planning and analysis experience highly preferred.
- Must be a New York State resident or willing to relocate to be eligible for this position.