The Director of Financial and Quantitative Analytics will help lead, develop, and manage internal and client analytics and modeling. The Director will work with a variety of data sources to build and evolve metrics used to measure the effectiveness of Inovalon's risk adjustment service and ROI for our clients.
- Drive the development and monitoring of key systems analytics information including operational, financial, and historical metrics, healthcare data patterns, claims utilization, provider utilization, and/or cost and reimbursement patterns to improve the functioning of Risk Adjustment processes and operation;
- Provide quantitative analytics to product management and operations that may drive product enhancement, improvement and operational efficiency;
- Lead a team of SQL analysts in the creation of core custom analytics tools and services and review project plans to lead and coordinate project activities;
- Consult with users, management, vendors and other stakeholders to assess analytic needs and system requirements, and manage development efforts of custom TSQL queries, statistical models, and financial and clinical reports;
- Provide expertise regarding relevant healthcare data and functioning of managed care participants (payers, HMOs, PPOs, providers, and patients), managed care claims, payment operations, and managed care benefit systems including knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid, to ensure appropriate knowledge level of employees and the ability to deliver efficient financial and custom analytics;
- Effectively collaborate and serve as an expert leadership resource to develop, prototype and implement analytical and statistical models employing statistical stratification, sampling and cohort driven data modeling for client requirements designed to help clients make business decisions;
- Partner and liaise with senior executives, product managers, client service leads, and business development team to review market research and to include clinical and financial reporting and analytics in presentations to support closing of sales;
- Present results of analytic tools, including financial analysis and healthcare data analysis, to clients and internal resources;
- Maintain expertise in Healthcare Risk Adjustment for Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial populations;
- Support product management and operations with analytics that may drive product enhancement or improvement and operational efficiency by establishing a quantitative approach to site optimization; and
- Keep abreast of industry regulation and requirement changes and lead implementation of required quantitative and financial analytics.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree in engineering/mathematics/ IT or MBA preferred;
- Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) and/or Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA) certifications preferred;
- 10-12 years of experience in analytics and/or business intelligence functions and at least 5 years management as a Manager FQA or equivalent;
- Extensive experience with MS Excel, Tableau, and other tools in building reports and dashboards;
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and tactically; self-motivated and highly driven in a fast paced environment;
- Demonstrated experience in statistical stratification, sampling and cohort driven data modeling;
- Strong technical skills with SQL;
- Business acumen and ability to blend client and product needs with technical analysis;
- Strong leadership skills building and mentoring a team; and
- Excellent writing and communications skills including the ability to present complex analytical concepts to internal and external users.