Universal Technical Institute - Sacramento, CA
- 5+ years of Financial Aid experience
- 5+ years of Leadership and Management experience
- Bachelor degree
Our Financial Aid Directors help change student lives every day while serving as the Financial Aid and Default Management expert for the campus. The successful candidate will be a self-disciplined person who can cultivate positive, supportive relationships with Financial Aid team members, lending institutions, guarantee agencies, and regulatory entities as well as build strong ties between the campus and corporate home office. The work is faster-than-average and requires a confident leadership style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration. Must have the ability to engage, motivate and build an effective team using a lively and inclusive communication style. She/he must also be able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with issues while collaborating in a customer-focused manner withother campus departments like Admissions and Student Services. Success in this role is measured by the studentexperience, leadership development, and timely receipt of student funding.
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Manages the campus Financial Aid Department.
- Interviews and hires all new staff members.
- Directly responsible for the technical training of new employees and updating current employees.
- Monitors the studentfinancial assistance process to ensure that “Financial Aid Packages” are processed and funds received.
- Monitors the award processing of grant programs and Perkins funds, ensuring that institutional allocations of SEOG \ Perkins are awarded, but not overextended.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Stafford/PLUS/UNSUB and Sallie Mae ALT Loans are completed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Monitors the timeliness of all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Academic YearLoan activity.
- Achieves measured default rates at a level no greater than the established goals.
- Monitors and controls budget items for the department to achieve the planned financial results.
- Actively participate in programs targeted to improve retention, customer satisfaction and show rates.
- Accountable to ensure professional development of staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesKnowledge, Skills, & AbilitiesEducation / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum five years leadership or management experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum five years experience in an administrative position in the Financial Aid office of a public or approved private post-secondary school is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are essential.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of financial aid regulations and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional decorum.
- Knowledge of personal computer software applications including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to travel for the company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sacramento, CA
- Financial Aid: 5years
- Team Management: 5years