VMware has a new opportunity to for you to serve as the Director of Finance for our fast-growing Global Account business. Our Global Accounts are the most strategic, global reaching customers, representing a large share of our total business.
Job Role & Responsibility
The responsibilities of the role have been covered by a mix of employees, but now is time to build more focus.
- Business Partner to the Global Accounts Sales team with primary responsibility to three geography Sales leaders (Americas, EMEA, and APJ) and head of strategy for Global Accounts.
- Lead overall FP&A processes including topline Bookings, headcount, and expenses.
- Lead annual planning processes including coordination of product level bookings planning, and GEO interlock on both bookings and spend targets.
- Assist in the development of the long-term plans and financial models advancing strategic programs.
- Development and communication of quarterly business results for overall customer operations leadership team.
- Work with sales and Deal Management Team (DMT) on review of key deals including product mix, discounting, and territory splits.
- Understand and influence commissions planning and large deal treatment.
- Develop of consistent metrics and reporting to help sales and finance evaluate success of Global Accounts across the company.
- 10-15 years of experience handling full P&L in growth organization balancing topline with increased bottom line results.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting a worldwide sales organization
- Excellent communication skill, and strong initiative and desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strength in researching, understanding and succinctly explaining complex transactions and business impact.
- Ability to work independent in a dynamic environment and tolerate ambiguity.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills. Proficiency in computer-based analysis and complex financial modeling.
- Ability to drive process-based improvement across functions and within Finance.
- Ability to build partnerships across functions, especially with sales and sales operation leaders.
- Experience leading a small worldwide team (2-3 managers/analyst).
- Strong executive leadership experience, with excellent consulting, influence, and negotiation skills
- MBA, or CPA
- Industry Preferences: Software, systems and/or cloud services.
- Experience in both large (multi-billion) and small to medium sized company experience for a broad perspective of best practices and cultural comfort.