Director of Finance
The mission of the position is to plan, direct, and control the organization’s financial strategies, tactics, accounting practices and policies. Directs the financial organization of the Company to achieve fulfillment of the objectives and financial goals as determined by the President, CEO, and Board of Directors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs accounting, reporting, budgeting, legal, and risk management aspects of the Company to achieve fulfillment of the objectives and financial goals.
- Direct finance and accounting department that is proactive and ensures all departments’ compliance with appropriate financial and administrative policies, procedures, and guidelines. Direct personnel on the accounting and finance staff in a way that enables them to perform well, develop their professional abilities and realize their full potential.
- Develop and maintain sound accounting and financial policies, procedures and processes that improve financial controls. Develop and maintain internal controls for key accounting and reporting processes.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual financialreporting package to Corporate, and preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and Corporate requirements as applicable. Assure the integrity of all financial transactions and the accurate reporting of the financial position of the Company by making certain that appropriate systems are in place to capture all financial activity.
- Generates, interprets and communicates analyses of company operations to Company executives and unit managers to assist them in managerial decision making. Compares performance with operating plans and standards. Provides reports and interprets the results of operations to management as necessary. Provides analytical guidance to managers in identifying and solving problems within the scope of accounting/financial management.
- Oversees the annual budget process according to corporate guidelines, to include coordination with overall operating business plan, presentation, revision and re-forecasting as appropriate. Coordinates the budgeting efforts of company managers and monitors actual financial performance of operating units.
- Oversee and/or administer the requiredreporting for the Company’s retirement and other employee benefit programs.
- Function as an executive of the Company, participating in the establishment and implementation of the goals and objective of the Company.
- Through professional contacts and research, keep abreast of changing developments relative to taxlaws and accounting practices, trends and issues as they impact on Company operations.
- Manage and oversee the relationships with independent auditors, banks, outside legal counsel, insurance companies, and taxing authorities.
- As directed, carry out activities and / or cause to be prepared any special analysis or finance related activity which may be requested by the Board of Directors or Executive Management.
- Responsible to keep up to date with all Quality Management System(s) changes within the organization.
Experience, Skills & Education:
· Excellent analytical, financial accounting, treasury, and strategic planning skills
· Strong communication skills, ability to work well with teams and senior managers
· Manufacturing costing experience
· International business experience a plus
· Strong leadership and team skills, and high desire to excel
· Energetic and forward thinking personality with high ethical standards
· Bachelors degree in business administration required, MBA a plus
· Fifteen (15)+ years experience in accounting/financial management
· Automotive manufacturing/supplier experiencepreferred
. CPA designation and experience is ideal