The Training Director of Finance is responsible for the continued development and implementation of uniform and efficient processes involving Accounting for all CRP MVCI business units (S&M and the management company of MVCI (MRHC). They are the primary resource for training new and existing CRP accounting personnel and will serve on task forces for new and existing resorts as needed.
Responsible for developing, reviewing and maintaining policies and standards for all CRP MVCI business units. Will monitor and assess compliance with obligations imposed by management agreements, governing documents, company policies and standards. Assess sufficiency of internal controls and recommend training or process changes where appropriate.
Functions as the property's strategic financial business leader. The position champions, develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer and property employees. The position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. In addition, creates and executes a business plan that is aligned with the property and brand's business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
Education and Experience
- 4-yearbachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 3-6 years experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
- CPApreferred but not required
- Strong background in Financial Analysis or Lodging related
- Working knowledge of Peoplesoft, Excel, Word
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Self motivated/highly driven
- Willing to travel 75% of the time and may be within short time notice
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Limited assignment in which position serves as hands-on training for a permanent position in the field as DOF or Assistant Controller.
- Serve on accounting task forces for resorts as needed.
- Provide training for accounting personnel for all CRP MVCI business units to enable exemplary performance in a cross-functional environment.
- Develop training manual for new DOFs and Assistant Controllers to encompass all functions of S&M, Ancillary and COA businesses.
- Provide accounting assistance and training related to startup of new resorts.
- Reviews work of accounting personnel to ensure that all work is completed in accordance with Department policies and professional standards.
- Analyze all CRP accounting processes to improve efficiency, timeliness and internal controls.
- Identifies opportunities and/or leads efforts to improve departmental policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain and update the S&M and MRHC Standard Operating Procedures manual, and develop and distribute new SOPs as necessary.
- Assist resorts with preparation for internal and external audits.
- Assist Regional Director in performing self-audits, and assisting and training Site DOFs in implementation of same.
- Other activities or ad-hoc projects as requested.
Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
- Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
- Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans
- Creates the annual operating budget for the property.
- Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
- Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
- Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
- Analyzes financial data and market trends.
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company's and brand's strategic direction.
- Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating department's actual and projected sales.
- Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.