Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at 60 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
The Director of Finance – Task Force directs the accounting and control functions at assigned hotels, while ensuring timely and accurate reporting of operating results. The Director of Finance – Task Force is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotel/resort by supplying management with guidance and training during the absence of a permanent Director of Finance. When not assigned to a hotel/resort, this Dallas based Director of Finance will work on projects and special assignments.
- Travel to need based properties and supervises all accounting functions at assigned location.
- Prepare the financial statements within the time frames supplies in the Omni Service Center closing schedule and according to the Omni Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Uniform System of Accounts.
- Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the General Manager and the Omni Corporate Team.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Prepare accurate cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and per
- Maximize working capital and cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and per
- Prepare timely and accurate sales, use and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
- Ensure successful treasury cash management as set forth in Omni’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure compliance with the management agreement and attendant legal documents. Understanding how those documents translate into financial responsibilities and how they may affect both the hotels and Corporate's financial position.
- Maintain effective system and control procedures as set forth in Omni’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing functions.
- Work on assignments including, but not limited to Training, Systems Support, Pre-Opening Budgets, On-Track Labor Management, etc.
- Extensive travel is required. This individual most be adept at working in a fast paced environment and able to quickly access needs in dynamic environments. The ability to change and shift focus is essential.
- Review forecasts and budgets prepared by hotel management team to ensure that owners, the General Manager, and Omni Corporate Management are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statuary and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage is maintained to protect the assets of the hotel with particular regard to the requirements contained in the hotel's management contract.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotels' assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Successfully lead and perform an advisory or interpretive role as well as to recommend controls related to the ethical environment.
- Continuously monitor economic, social and governmental trends and policies to ensure the General Manager and Omni Corporate Management are kept fully apprised of any implications that may affect the performance of the hotel in meeting its financial objectives.
- 3+ years experience as a property Director of Finance
- Must have worked in a decentrailiezed accounting environment
- Travel up to 80% of the time.