ou will then turn that foundational work into financial reporting, to update and educate internal and external stakeholders. These could include internal team members, the leadership team, the board, or investors. Specifically, you will own the creation and update cadence of the company’s financial model and budget, helping the team and stakeholders understand changes, deviations, and impacts. The Director of Finance is committed to the idea of continuous improvement of processes which often requires collaboration with colleagues in other departments to overcome challenges that cut across teams.
In all these responsibilities, timeliness and accuracy will be of the utmost importance, as the data and work being consumed is mission-critical for major decisions.
- Leading accounting-related activities: You will own all accounting activities, by either directly executing or overseeing the function. These could include account reconciliation, bookkeeping, invoicing, AR/AP monitoring, payroll, taxes, SRED, contract management, etc
- Owning the financial planning process and update cadence: A core component of our foundation is our financial model and annual plan. You will own the process for creating that financial plan (with input from across the organization), its updates, iterations and communication of changes. This includes key documents such as the financial model, annual budget, quarterly forecast and monthly analysis.
- Reporting and engaging with key stakeholders: You will be a key partner in updating investors, internal shareholders, and board members. You will do this through regular reporting (monthly, quarterly, annual), and also manage other ad-hoc requests. Additionally, you’ll support activities concerning prospective investors, such as those that come up during fundraising.
- Reporting on Finance metrics: You will lead the team in collecting, analyzing, and acting upon financial or business-related metrics.
- Recruiting: You will be responsible for building out your teams as we grow, supported by an internal talent function and external vendors.
- Personnel development: You will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and the continual training and development of your team. You will champion an ethos of life-long learning amongst your team.
- Performance management: You will be responsible for managing the performance of your team against expectations, priorities and metrics and collaborate in the design of competitive compensation practices that reward the most effective and impactful.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Corporate Controller or Finance Leader
- You have a highly analytical and curious disposition
- You have excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- You have a habit of asking great questions when confronted with novel challenges
- You are a self-starter with a penchant for driving new initiatives
It's a bonus if
- You hold a professional designation in accounting (CPA, CA, CMA, etc)
- You are experienced with Financial Planning & Analysis, ideally in a SaaS setting
- You have worked in a startup focused on enterprise software.
- You have experience working with or within the capital markets.
You can expect
- To be included, encouraged, engaged, heard, and recognized for your effort
- To make a constant and direct impact on: our platform, our processes, our users, and our team
- To love your work and its challenges, but also know the company respects your downtime too
- To always be clear on where the company is headed and how it’s going to get there
- Competitive cash compensation practices, equity incentives and investments in your professional development
Street Contxt is on a mission to build more efficient capital markets. We're developing technology that provides highly scalable sources of customer insights for investment banks, brokerages, and independent research providers. We provide our customers with insights that enable them to pinpoint revenue opportunities, build client intel, and anticipate the needs of the market.