This high-profile role will be a single-point of contact for all major financial matters for the company. He/she will report directly to the business unit president, parent-company CFO, and equity owners on the financial state of the business through recurring and ad hoc reports.
The work pace is fast, job demands are high, and the impact is immediate. This role therefore requires a financialleader that can dig deep to develop and manage detailed excel models and subsequently float to a summary perspective and communicate analyses to top-tier management.
The successful candidate will develop, own, and communicate detailed financial analyses with stakeholders to support decisions that directly shape the company’s growth and day-to-day activities related to:
- General financial management – drive financial planning and analysis activities based on different needs of the company through various life-cycle phases
- FP&A – support the management team withbudgeting,financial analyses,bridge models, monthlyfinancialreports, weekly KPI metricsreports, etc. Key components include:
- Budgeting – support the overall business through annual and monthly budgets and growth plans
- Monthly financialreporting – enable financial (and operational) transparency through recurring and ad hoc reports
- Make vs buy decisions – support materials management and supply chain through internal cost models vs external procurement
- Cash Flow Management – drive efficient cash management to support the company and key stakeholders in materials management, production, program operations, etc.
- Maintain a detailed 13-week cash flow forecast model
- Track and reconcile daily/weekly cash usage
- Update operating groups on cash usage and working capital management
- Cost Estimation, Pricing and Proposals – support business development and program management through program cost (and profitability) models. This includes the development of the cost narrative for submissions as both a prime contractor and subcontractor.
- Contracts – As the senior financialleader the Director of Finance will have an integral role in the acquisition process and will be expected to contribute to the development of non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements and subcontract agreements. The successful candidate will have experience in the review of SF 26, SF 30, SF 33 and DD Form 1155.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (advance degree viewed as a plus)
- Eight+ years of professional experience in operational finance roles
- Demonstrated upward progression through career history (management or financial consultingexperience viewed as a plus)
- Understanding and/or familiarity with Government CR, T&M, FFP, IDIQ contracts, FAR
- Ability to address a wide variety of audiences including internal and external stakeholders with professionalism
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute on multiple priorities in a fast-paced operation
- Excellent proficiency with analytical and project management tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Deltek Costpoint, Cognos, and/or other ERP experience a plus
- Ability to work extended periods of time on a computer