The Director of Finance – Hospital Affiliations will be responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the Financial Statements and oversight of accounting issues and tax matters related to all hospital affiliations under the Sonic Healthcare USA (“SHUSA”) umbrella of companies. The Director will interact with division operations and finance leadership on a continual basis, providing guidance and support in all financial management aspects of the affiliation, will trouble shoot problem areas and resolve accounting and financial management issues. The Director will also be responsible for a full range of support activities related to potential affiliations through Joint Ventures, Management Contracts and other business development opportunities, under the guidance of the CFO and VP of Hospital Affiliations.
The Director will actively participate in affiliation Joint Venture and Management Contract negotiations with health systems nation-wide, and will work collectively with other members of the SHUSA Executive and Finance Team in this process.
The Director works successfully within a matrix organizational structure to develop achieve and maintain financial and operational excellence with all Sonic Hospital Affiliations. This position is based in Austin TX.
- Review and over-see monthly preparation of hospital affiliation financial statements in all divisions, including both internal SHUSA financialreporting and external reporting to partner hospitals. Engage in resolution of accounting issues with division finance staff and bring attention to financial management issues as they arise.
- Coordinate with Division management and partner hospitals to facilitate annual audits of all affiliations requiring audits. Interact with SHUSA financial management and division staff in the facilitation of audit field work and timely completion of auditreports.
- Facilitates the appropriate dissemination of useful information between business units and other appropriate departments, groups, or individuals, relating to our hospital affiliations.
- Provide the foundation for business analysis of all operational affiliations, to include evaluation of financial performance, achievement of proforma expectations and oversight of asset management in each operation.
- Assists with the development and implementation of appropriate KPI measurements and develop a recurring reporting process to communicate to key stakeholders.
- Work with the VP of Hospital Affiliations and other management to develop and refine meaningful pro-forma analyses of potential affiliations. Ensure accurate and meaningful assumptions are used in projecting financial performance, and take responsibility for achievement of synergy components that support pro-forma results that are required to meet ROI. Coordinate activity between SHUSA group and division management to ensure assumptions are valid and achievable.
- Monitor and report on a recurring basis, monthly to quarterly depending on affiliation specifics, actual results compared to budget and pro-forma expectations. Actively work with division management to updatefinancial performance expectations on a recurring basis. Oversee annual budget preparation for all affiliations, working closely with SHUSA and division financial management.
- Participate in the due diligence review of potential lab management or joint venture opportunities and negotiation discussions. May interface directly with senior management or representatives of the health system.
- Responsible for preparing and disseminating robust, sophisticated spreadsheet data capture/analysis tools for potential laboratory management contract or joint ventures.
- Works with the Vice President of Hospital Affiliations and Executive Director of Health System Laboratory Operations to organize, present and discuss the financial analysis of existing or prospective affiliations.
- The Director must be able to extract data from a variety of systems to obtain essential information by working closely with business unit personnel to develop data that does not already exist.
- Develops intelligent, informed business recommendations based on Sonic Healthcare values.Participate as a team member on a wide range of special projects and strategic initiatives.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA is required.
- Minimum 9years relevant experiencerequired.
- Laboratory Financial Management experience is required, either in a Commercial or Hospital Laboratory.
- Public accounting background desited (Big 4 preferred).
- High degree of intelligence and the ability to analyze and comprehend new situations quickly.
- Excellent mathematical aptitude.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel and database applications.
- A high degree of creativity and ability to think strategically.
- Position will participate in meetings with Health System C-Suite client personnel. The successful candidate will need to portray clarity and confidence in their oral and written communications.
- Superior analytical skills extending to financial modeling, analysis and reporting. This includes an ability to logically apply industry knowledge in creating models reflecting rules of thumb when substantive data is unavailable, as well as understanding the relationships among functions such that as assumptions change in one area, the impacts in all related areas will appropriately be modeled. The ability to clearly explain and defend the results of their analysis.
Reporting Relationship: The Director of Finance – Hospital Affiliations reports directly to the Sonic Healthcare USA Chief Financial Officer and will spend more than 50% of his/her time working directly with the Vice President of Hospital Affiliations.
Physical Requirements: Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time. Visual acuity, speech, hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity are necessary to perform essential functions. Standing, walking, reaching, and handling documents are needed to perform essential functions. Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally. Able to work extended hours when needed and maintain mental acuity. Will require occasional travel by car or plane within the USA.
Environmental Demands: Works in temperature controlled environment with occasional exposure to biological and chemical hazards.