Note: We are looking for someone with a CPA and public bankingexperience. I’m working with anotherrecruiter right now and my CRO won’t entertain those without that experience. Also, we are a small bank, so I need someone who can get down into the work, provide assistance, supervision/leadership, and also be able to be high level.
We would consider a candidate in Santa Rosa, Manhattan Beach, or Irvine. Non-local, sure, if they are willing to relocate.
Established in 1983, Client is a dynamic and expanding institution. Our mission is to improve your financial future. Whether you are an investor or borrower, customer or employee, visitor or shareholder, you’re worth more here. We are always looking for new talent seeking opportunities to grow – personally and professionally – and to help our clients prosper. Join the Luther Burbank team. You’ll soon discover why, you’re worth more here.
Position Summary: Responsible for the managing various Accounting functions. Ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financialreporting functions. Provides leadership and supervision to the Finance and Accounting staff. Influences, shapes and integrates strategy for functional areas.
· Directs and oversees various Accounting functions including revenue and expense recognition, cash management, general ledger accounting and regulatory reporting.
· Prepares and reviews financial planning process for budgeting, forecasting, and long-range strategies.
· Generates and distributes monthly, quarterly, and annual financialreporting. Reviews and analyzes monthly financial statements and explains variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
· Develops, analyzes and implements necessary internal controls and processes improvements.
· Ensures legal and regulatory compliance to GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and SEC for all accounting functions and financialreporting.
· Prepares and ensures accurate Federal & State other applicable tax compliance and reporting.
· Directs and oversees periodic audits of key operational processes.
· Provides leadership and direction to the Finance & Accounting staff by setting goals, objectives, performance criteria, and departmental standards.
· Implements processes and controls for new business activities including documenting the evaluation and analysis of relevant GAAP.
· Assists CFO in establishing major economic objectives and policies for the company, and prepares reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings, based on past, present and future operations.
· Prepares reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations as well as those reports required by regulatory agencies.
· Works in conjunction with senior management to ensure proper knowledge of all relative compliance topics, monitor activities and report issues. Follow directions from management and Chief Compliance Officer for resolution of issues.
· Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Finance or Accounting and 8-15+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience working for a publicly traded company with responsibilities for regulatory reporting required.
· CPA certification and public accounting (audit and/or tax) experience strongly preferred.
· Proven supervisory experience.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of appropriate software systems, including MS Office Suite. Strong knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) applicable to the mortgage and banking industry