Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Director of Finance, Sales and Commercial Operations will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales in managing Flowserve commercial activities and the organization resources aligned with those commercial activities.
This role will include, but is not limited to, the following:
· Establish and manage a standard process for forecasting consolidated Flowserve bookings and Platform bookings
· Provide insights into the quality of bookings – including risks and upsides to forecasts/plans
· Develop insights and recommendations that focus commercial activities on attractive bookings opportunity areas and attractive market segments
· Manage, train, and evaluate financial personnel
· Exert financial control and visibility over the Sales and Commercial Operations functions to identify improvements in cost control, efficiency and effectiveness of the organization. Focus will be to support a continuous improvement program across the Sales and Commercial operations functions.
· Working with the Platform controllers, exert financial control and visibility over the development of a standard pricing methodology.
· Ensure that the annual strategy and budgeting process is undergirded by accurate data and assumptions.
· Identify opportunities to improve working capital performance (e.g. AR DSO)
· Assess and improve the quality of information around product line profitability (by product, by customer, by vertical, etc.)
The Director with work closely with the Platform Finance Directors and Financial Planning and Analysis.
· Stand up a Sales and Commercial Operations finance organization
· Develop processes and procedures to create analysis and analytics to drive selling excellence in the business
· Improve transparency and standards in pricing methodology
· Significantly improve order intake conversion
· Improve market visibility and opportunity identification; Assist in Salesforce.com roll out to global team improving visibility and management of opportunity pipeline, along with accuracy of estimates.
· Review the sales organization cost structure and identify opportunities to improve transparency and ownership of cost.
· Working with SVP of Sales, in building a road map that drives effectiveness, automation, and efficiency within the commercial organization.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, strategic, people oriented leader. Someone with the mental agility to frame a strategic issue or problem, design the analytical approach to gain understanding, lead a high performing team through the analysis, and clearly and succinctly communicate the results of the analysis to Company leadership, the Board of Directors, and the external stakeholder community
• Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, or Accounting
• 10 years of relevant experience, with 3+ years in a leadership capacity.
• Highly evolved interpersonal skills and the ability and desire to interact effectively with the corporate leadership as well as throughout the global operating team.
• Demonstrated communication/presentation skills. The ability to translate technical or analytical outcomes into actionable business insights to the senior management team.
• Experience building and leading a dynamic and highly functioning team
• Engaged leader: takes personal accountability and demonstrates passion around coaching and developing the finance leaders of the future.
• Solid planning and organizing skills; strong project management skills
• Creative problem solver
• Demonstrated active listening skills
• Solid work ethic, genuine, participative, inquisitive
• Must be a proactive and detail-oriented individual capable of monitoring the financial systems and controls, and making the necessary changes to upgrade systems, policies and procedures
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing work environment
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field