· To be a business partner to the General Manager, Americas and take a proactive and leading role in the activities of RBIS Apparel Americas.
· Support the wider Regional/Site leadership teams.
· Be a key member of the Onshoring Finance Leadership Team.
· To be the lead financial role for the region in support of the monthly/quarterly business review cycles.
· Conduct regular site business reviews, working with business and financial management to develop, evaluate and monitor action plans that lead to profitable growth.
· Own, drive and continuously improve the forecasting process for the region including the management of financial planning, reporting and analysis, including interpretation of results with the appropriate analysis and recommendations to improve business performance.
· In coordination with the central FP&A team own and drive the annual operating plan process (AOP) in the region.
· Coordinate and align the region’s strategic plan and annual operating plan process – establish and manage targets for key financial metrics.
· Ensure the strategic plan is realistic but also a stretch for the organization. Review the plan for any potential issues.
· Manage the regional capital budget. Review AFEs for risk and return.
· May support global processes, align expectations, conduct reviews, participate and challenge strategic discussion, provide guidance and present and supportfinancial presentation.
· Develop and maintain an excellent financial-controls environment, including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as required.
· Work closely with the Regional Controller to ensure all controllership deliverables are met including but not limited to quarterly attestations, balance sheet review programs, internal and external audits and statutory compliance.
· Ensure results are in compliance with GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles). Inform senior management of any concerns/issues.
· Ensure the region/sites understand the importance of controllership issues, within the finance teams and the wider organization.
· Utilise and drive the use of Lean Six Sigma projects to improve processes within the finance function.
· Establish strong cost, capital and working capital controls. Manage and improve all aspects of the balance sheet, including, but not limited to, cash, receivables, inventory, fixed assets, payables and accruals.
· Direct financial assessment and the management of the growth portfolio and key business initiatives, with involvement in acquisition scouting, assessment, negotiation and integration.
· Review impact of information on business and understand long-term implications. Determine next steps, actions and support the communication of actions to organisation.
· Understand impact of foreign currency rules and transactions. Develop strategies and plans to minimize risk.
Employee Development & Management
· Continually assess both functional structure and staff, upgrading the talent base of the regional finance organization as required. Mentor and support controllers and oversee the development of others to ensure a pipeline of “ready now” successors.
· Train and provide development opportunities for staff. Ensure annual goals are complete and communicated. Ensure Global Performance Management System is up to date and regular feedback is provided to staff members.
· Monitor and evaluate team members, and adjust training where needed.
· Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
· Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values.
· Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
· Act as a team role model and change-agent.
· Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
· Coordinate team efforts, create and manage a regional strategy and team operating plan.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent education and years of experiencerequired.
· CPA/MBA is preferred.
· 12+ years finance or accounting with P&L or related experience with 7 years prior supervisory or management experience.
· Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
· Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
· Deep expertise in specialty finance functions such as reporting, compliance and procurement.
· Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Oracle and function specific software.
· Has well-developed leadership and project management skills.
· Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
· Fluency in English and Spanish required