The Director of Finance Shared Services ensures that departmental and functional procedures, internal controls, and reporting conform to company procedures, corporate policies, and state and federal regulations and statutes while directing specific areas within the overall department operation. At the Finance Shared Services Center, our mission is delivering service excellence and innovative solutions. We do this through our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, Respect and Creativity. We treat each other with mutual respect, we value the contributions of all of our employees and we encourage open communication of ideas, opinions and suggestions. We do not compromise our integrity, even for the sake of profit. The quality of our reputation is just as important as the quality of our resorts. We do not compromise in our efforts to deliver superior service and an exceptional experience to our guests.
The Director is responsible for program management as well as ensuring service level compliance and developing and executing strategic initiatives for FSSC and the company. The Director will identify and implement processes to improve the quality and execution of project management as a service to the FSSC departments. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, leadership, communication and change management skills to perform the function prescribed.
- Maintains an understanding of Finance concepts, methods, standards, principles, and technology, and makes sound decisions and recommendations based on that understanding.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of current and evolving best practices and industry trends.
- Serves as a Finance thought leader and technical resource for the department, division, and/or enterprise.
- Supports and applies strategic plan for the Finance Projects Department consistent with the strategic vision of MGM Resorts International Finance Shared Services Center (FSSC).
- Has a comprehensive understanding of Finance role, contributes to meeting business objectives, and partners with leaders to set strategic direction of MGM Resorts International.
- Guides and influences people, processes, and resources to support the best interests of the business. Builds trusting relationships with business leaders and partners.
- Communicates Finance-related concepts efficiently and effectively.
- Thinks analytically, focuses on the big picture, and is able to drill into the detail and understand the impact.
- Understands how the business works and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Finance.
- Adapts to shifting priorities while maintaining focus on the broader business.
- Exemplifies and influences others to follow S.H.O.W. service basics
- Other job-related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Accounting, Finance, Business Management, etc.), or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Minimum of 7 years operations experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Knowledge and experience with MGM Resorts International financial systems (Infinium, Cognos Finance, Cognos Bi)
- Previous experience working within the Hospitality/Gaming/Resort industry
- Previous experience working in a Shared Services Environment
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Certifications (CPA, CFE, PMP, CIA, etc.)