The role is responsible for achieving Aristocrat’s objectives and strategies for D&D by supporting the VP Finance Product & Development with ensuring investments are prioritised and business benefits delivered. Specifically owning end to end business case development and driving teams to meet their financial commitments.
The role is both strategic and operational where the key outcomes are to:
• Portfolio management to deliver Expense to Revenue targets.
• Partner with key stakeholders in the deployment & evaluation of business cases for identified commercial opportunities.
• The role considers profitability and returns both within D&D and Aristocrat’s operating Divisions and helps to provide the link between D&D and Marketing. Enacting the strategic work requires a predictive element as to the risks inherent in the market place and the regulatory environment as well as a capacity to exercise mature judgement as to the “realism” of underpinning assumptions.
• The role also ensures an ongoing drive for continuous improvement of business performance through the provision of accurate financial information and guidance to facilitate sound decision-making.
The outlook of the role is primarily internal. Internally the role must work collaboratively with VP Product & Development, Senior Director – D&D Finance & Accounting, D&D Program Management, Commercial Marketing, Corporate Finance and Finance functional resources where the focus of the role is optimising business performance through the successful implementation of business initiatives.
The role would also gain value from keeping an eye on the external environment as it relates tofinancial practices and processes.
What you'll do
- End toend ownership of business case investment spend in D&D:
- Business case preparation including modelling
- Tracking of costs through the life of the projects including checking back to original business case, preparation of adjusted business cases when required
- Re-forecasting of whole of life project spend
- Working closely with the project governance team and relevant project and program managers on the above to ensure accurate and timely tracking of costs and schedules
- Working closely with product management (hardware, software, Digital, Class III, Class II) to assess requirements and timing of investment spend and preparing justifications for these
- Working closely with Commercial Finance teams to ensure entire P&L picture (i.e. revenue and costs) collated, monitored and tracked on all projects. Responsible for ensuring that this entire P&L picture is accurately reflected in business cases.
- Working closely with the rest of the D&D finance team to ensure all aspects of investment spend have been considered and impacts noted.
- Business case preparation, including modeling
- Holding teams accountable for deliverable of business case outcomes
- Decision & commercial support for key projects
- Management of the funnel of business cases
- Post implementation review of projects (6-9 months post commercialization)
- Taking the entire D&D annual spend and turning it into an investment portfolio analysis – with timely and insightful analysis provided to Senior Executives to assist in investment decisions. “What if” and other modelling completed to assist in this process.
- Lead project accounting project to find a solution to project accounting spend tracking.
- Input into annual standard game costing exercise.
- Managing a team of 2 – both based in Sydney.
Any other ad hoc projects as they arise.
What we're looking for
What we would like you to know:
- CA/CPA qualified
- MBA preferred
What we would like you to have done:
- At least 15 years’ experience in Financial / Accounting roles (proven proficiency in project accounting / reporting).
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders, across multiple (including global) locations. Must have worked in large, multi-layered organizations.
- Investment analysis & modelling of business cases
- Track record of process improvement initiatives.
The competencies we are we looking for:
- Inspiring Excellence
- Building Relationships
- Business Savvy
- Decision Making
- Product Acumen
- Facilitating Team Effectiveness
The personal attributes we are looking for:
- Well organized and delivery focused
- Effective communication skills
- Able to see the big picture as well as dive into the details when required
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Takes initiative
- Holds self & others to account
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: Respect, Courage, Integrity and Passion
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success