$200K — $250K *
Headquartered in Miami, FL, Origis Energy delivers excellence in solar and energy storage development,
financing, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and operations, maintenance and asset
management for investors and clean energy consumers in the US.
About the Origis Energy Team
A role with Origis Energy puts you at the forefront of the transition to clean energy.
The Origis team is comprised of knowledgeable, passionate solar and energy storage experts who bring
deep expertise and solution driven thinking to client projects. The spirit in which we tackle the energy
challenges and objectives of our clients means we consistently stretch for the extra mile.
The result: a respected clean energy team, regarded as one of the leading developers in the U.S.
If you are a talented, hardworking professional with a passion for solar and energy storage and its
transformative role in the global clean energy movement then apply to join our team.
Origis Energy is seeking an experienced finance professional for the role of Director of Finance –
Distributed Generation. This position reports to the Vice President of Distributed Generation, and will (i)
manage and oversee all financial planning & analysis (FP&A) activities of the Distributed Generation
division, (ii) work hand-in-hand with the project development and capital markets teams to source and
manage tax, equity and debt investments into the company’s DG projects (greenfield and limited M&A)
and (iii) support Company management with new market research and analysis.
• Financial Planning & Analysis duties includes:
o Prepare detailed budgets for distributed generation projects in coordination with the
project development team, reporting on budget to actuals and be responsible for cash
management on throughout the project development life cycle
o Coordinating with the corporate finance team to ensure proper reporting on DG-related
cash needs, board presentations and management of development loan disbursements
o Oversighting accounting practices related to DG’s activities and implementing processes
to ensure adherence to project budgets
o Work with the business development team to manage model analysis and prepare
commercial offers for Power Purchase Agreements and M&A
• Source and manage tax, equity and debt financing, includes:
o Financial modeling
o Coordinating with the Project Finance team to market and source DG external project
tax equity and debt investments to banks and other financial institutions
o Performing and coordinating due diligence processes
o Coordinating and instructing internal and external resources working on financings, such
the development team, financial institutions, lawyers, consultants, engineering and EPC
o Any other task needed to close on related DG project financings
• New market research and analysis includes:
o Ability to digest and understand state and local programs
o Analyzing the incentive and tax environment and ability to underwrite various revenue
o Broad-based market and policy research, concluding on the overall attractiveness of a
market to invest in
Qualifications & Experience
• High degree of initiative and decisiveness
• MBA and banking experience with project financing experience preferred
• Strong solar knowledge, with a background in Distributed Generation or community solar a plus
• Proven organizational skills, ability to manage numerous unrelated tasks simultaneously
• Proven ability to deliver quality products under strict deadlines
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent research capabilities
• Ability to work with multidisciplinary team – team player
• Strong team attitude, easy to get along with, willing to learn and take on new tasks, energetic
about getting work done on time and with excellent quality
• Strong financial modeling skills
• Strong contracting and negotiation skills
• At least 7 years relevant working experience.
Valid through: 5/18/2021