MWH Constructors (“MWHC”), a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities, is currently seeking a Director of Finance to oversee a large Joint Venture (“JV”) located in San Francisco, California.
MWH Constructors is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to clients and their local communities, MWH Constructors provides single-source, integrated design and construction services and a full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, the Company’s multi-disciplined team of engineering and construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects, including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, and capital construction services.
- Responsible for overseeing accounting and reporting functions of the Joint Venture. Includes GL, AP, AR, Job Cost. Ensure compliance with contractual documents, including Community Benefits Program, and US GAAP.
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures for improvements in internal control relating to financial and business practices of the Joint Venture.
- Prepare required monthly internal and external financial reports, including monthly WIP schedule, in line with segment reporting expectations and Owner requirements.
- Report out the monthly financial results of the JV to the JV Executive Steering Group, Management Committee, MWHC and JV Partner’s Home Office and Accounting Department(s).
- Review weekly/monthly cost reports. Ensure proper Job Cost reporting of transactions in line with budgets and forecasts of the JV.
- Work with the Home Offices of Joint Venture partners, third party auditors and tax accountants to ensure timely reporting, quality of data and effectiveness of internal control systems.
- Work with JV team members and assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeting and forecasting requirements.
- Provide direction to staff to ensure the proper booking of all monthly entries, including month end journals and accruals, the timely close of monthly ledgers, and the full reconciliation of all general ledger balances.
- Responsible for day-to-day treasury functions including online banking transactions and AP check run approvals.
- Prepare cash forecasts for the JV, recommend and coordinate capital calls and profit distributions in line with defined processes.
- Ensure required tax filings are filed accurately and in line with local, state, federal deadlines.
- Assist with training of JV policies & procedures and development of JV team members.
- Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
- Lead and administer the annual external audits, if required by JV partners.
- Perform additional assignments per VP/Finance or CFO’s direction.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in either accounting or finance.
- 8 to 12 years’ experience in accounting/finance with engineering & construction industry experience.
- Previous Controller and/ or Assistant Controller experience in a business of $200M+ in annual revenue.
- Leadership experience: has supervised a minimum of 4 staff simultaneously; been in supervisory role 4+ years.
- Extensive experience/exposure of corporate accounting and financial management including AP, GL, Treasury, tax compliance, revenue recognition, the monthly close process, etc.
- Technology experience: has used Tier 1 or Tier 2 ERP and a high level/expert Excel user.
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Previous experience with CMiC (construction industry software) a plus
- Experience with Davis Bacon/Prevailing wages a plus and Diversity Reporting
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- Flexible Time Off Policy (includes vacation, sick and personal time)
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan (company matching contributions up to 4%)
- Employee Referral Program