The Director of Finance oversees all accounting and financial reporting functions for MassMutal Center. These functions include event settlements, account reconciliation, budget preparation, financial statement compilation, payroll, and human resource coordination. Further duties include assisting the Executive Director Arena Operations with budgeting and financial reporting as needed.
- Oversee the daily operational activities, goals, and strategic plan of the Finance department, including general ledger, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Manage and participate in the development and administration of the convention center and arena’s annual budget; direct and provide consultation to department managers in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; direct monitoring of and approve expenditures; implement budgetary adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of financial information and financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, etc. are presented in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Maintain accurate accounting and disposition of fixed assets.
- Develop and lead a records function to supply key documentation to FSSC and maintain compliance with state and other governmental record retention requirements.
- Review/approve monthly Financial Packages (including funding request) to MCCA
- Perform routine evaluation and analysis of financial statements for MassMutual Center
- Prepare quarterly and annual externally reported financial information, including information for registration statements, debt/equity transactions or other financial transactions.
- Perform initial accounting research and issue resolution, facilitate audit processes, perform routine financial statement analysis to assist in ensuring financial statements of the highest quality, and perform other accounting tasks as required.
- Review/approve disbursements prior to release.
- Review/verify Box Office operations cash handling procedures and verify bank statements against daily deposits.
- Collaborate with department managers with their monthly analysis of P&L statement to ensure accurate reporting to the property and department leadership. Interpret P & L anomalies, and provide insight and guidance to department leadership with deciphering and addressing spikes/dips in expenses, payroll, and other financial KPIs
- Manage Human Resources responsibilities for direct reports to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company and department policies, and legal requirements
- Complete ad-hoc projects/ analysis as required by senior management.
- Perform other job-related duties as required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Accounting Manager (1)
- Accountant (1)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in finance/accounting with experience in a public assembly facility in sales management.
- Effectively communicate in English, both written and oral forms
- Previous experience working in similar venue setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Massachusetts Gaming License, if required
- Creative ideas for new promotions, goals, and other tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Knowledgeable in all administrative procedures established by the convention center/arena.
- Skill in public relations, oral and written communications, public speaking, contract negotiations, program planning, and auditing.
- Strong PC and data processing skills; working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and database management software.
- Ability to identify potential problems and make plans for corrective action.
- Ability to analyze data and numbers that affect duties and goals.
- Previous experience working in a similar venue setting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.