Primary Purpose of Position:
The Director of Finance is responsible for managing and directing the finance function.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Partners with business unit leadership to provide financial leadership and guidance and to drive achievement of financial results
- Develops and implements best practices for the business unit regarding financial policies and procedures.
- Oversees all financial functions including accounting, budget, forecasting/planning, operating plans, etc.
- Oversees management of the cost accounting system and provides analysis to the business leaders as needed.
- Oversees Sarbanes Oxley compliance functions within assigned business responsibility.
- Presents management with financial reviews and updates of the business on a regular basis.
- Responsible for development and leadership of employees
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in a multi-site manufacturing company with strong cost accounting skills
- 7-10 years job related experience overall
- 5 years of management level supervisory experience
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Business knowledge that includes sales, distribution, purchasing, products, etc. Certifications/Licenses/Registrations
- Experience using SAP and HFM
TECHNICAL ROLE COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to give presentations to senior management and the organization
- Demonstrated ability to run and maintain effective teamwork environments
- Ability to apply independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modifications of standard company accounting techniques, procedures and criteria, and make recommendations
- Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Office
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate and pay attention to detail
- Decision making and problem-solving skills: Must be able to identify problems using investigative processes to analyze and evaluate complex information from multiple sources to arrive at conclusions. Must be able to use intuition, logical reasoning, and innovation to solve problems
- Ability to make sound decisions with fact-based data
- Must be able to handle and safeguard sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner
- Must have effective coaching, mentioning, listening and leadership skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Sitting at workstation approximately 85 percent of work time. Standing and walking approximately 15 percent of work time.
- Must be able to travel 10-15 percent of work time.
- Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- Typical office environment with shelves overhead and above work surfaces.