Los Angeles, CA
Industry: Government & Non-Profit•
5 - 7 years
Posted 46 days ago
Description : Our client is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting and developing the growth of tennis through involvement with local communities all the way up to the US Open. Their unique approach has led to a track record of developing world-class tennis professionals. They are seeking a Director of Finance to support the company through financial decision-making.
- Serve as primary finance person within the organization – leading strategy around budgeting and forecasting, but also working "in the weeds" on AP/AR, reconciliation, financialreporting, bookkeeping, invoicing, expense tracking, etc.
- Liaise with program directors and executive team to develop a well-planned annual budget and maintain an ongoing forecast to include the latest financial information
- Utilize technology, systems, outside sources, and software to continually enhance financial policies and procedures
- Monthly reporting of financial metrics to executive team and program directors
- Provide documents and support for external CPA firm for annual auditing and IRS reporting requirements
- Collaborate with investment managers to evaluate investment options and invest company's excess funds, manage banking relationships, and report on investment performances to the executive team
- Support program directors in order to maximize receipts and benefits from awarded grants
- Some human resources duties, including benefits and administration paperwork, new hire and termination procedures, and performance reviews for all employees.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field, required
- 5-10 years experience in accounting or finance, with 3-5 years in an executive leadership position
- Active CPA license, a plus
- Experience working in the non-profit sector, a plus
- Familiarity with MS Excel and Word, Quickbooks Enterprise, G-Suite, etc.
- Hands-on/roll-up-sleeves personality that would thrive in a one-person finance department