Director of Finance
The Director of Finance will share in the responsibility for the financial strategy that ensures the fiscal health and sustainability, as well as for day-to- day fiscal operations for Fair OakFarms. The incumbent will effectively lead, manage, and coordinate all aspects of the accounting department and financial needs of the company, including administrative, financial, and risk management operations. In this role, the Director of Finance will work with the senior management team to ensure the integrity of financialreporting and that business assets are appropriately recorded and protected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide analysis, insight, and direction to all Fair Oaks Farms LLC?s on issues related to financial accounting, management reporting, external reporting, and internal controls.
- Manage capital requests and oversee the analysis, preparation, and review of the annual budgets for all Fair Oaks Farms LLC?s.
- Manage all areas of financial accounting, reporting, analysis and interpretations ofFair Oaks Farms results, comparing the budget projections and forecasts to actual results and making appropriate recommendations to senior management for course corrections
- Provide insight and/or recommendations for short and long-term growth plans for the organization regarding financial and accounting impact
- Participate in and oversee the accuracy and timeliness of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Develop measures and methods to continually improve work processes (relative to accounting and finance), and increase efficiencies with the goal of enhancing the accuracy and improving timeliness of monthly financial statement
- Lead, develop, and engage team members by providing ongoing direction and feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting frequent performance reviews
- As a ?working manager?, be hands-on with the day-to-day issues of the accounting department, capable of stepping in to help when needed
- Create a positive work environment by modeling appropriate behavior and treating all employees with respect, empathy, and dignity.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Keep the senior management team (i.e. CEO/COO/GMs) promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action
- Ensure all company policies (relative to accounting and finance) are following USGAAP and all legal requirements are followed
- Serve as a liaison with between external auditors and Fair Oaks Farms
- Serve as a liaison between Fair Oaks Farms and Select Milk Producers, Inc.regarding financial performance
- Assure that all filing deadlines between all Fair Oaks Farms LLC?s and government agencies are met
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or requested
- Credible financial history and a strong adherence to ethical standards
- Proven ability to develop and provide ongoing monitoring of control system designed to report accurate financial results
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively lead people, solve problems and make logical thought-out decisions.
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff and motivate employees to work as a team
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of projects and assignments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to articulate recommendations and solutions in a concise and timely manner.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate to maximize employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness
- At all times provide a favorable image of Fair Oaks Farms to promote its philosophy, products, and services
- Complete the job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Fair Oaks Farms policies and procedure
- A Bachelor?s degree in business, accounting or finance - a Master?s degreepreferred
- Current CPA certification preferred
- 8+ years of progressively responsibleexperience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of accounting systems in general
- Knowledge of computers sufficient to fulfill management functions
- High-level experience with financialreporting, forecasting, and budgetmanagement
- Financial statement consolidation experience highly desired
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial reporting, forecasting, and budget management: 5years
Required license or certification: