This job might be for you if you:Are interested in being Responsible to maximize the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems, ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions, and oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and risk management. What you will be doing:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financialreports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Arranges for audits as required and appropriate.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, trains, develops, and appraises staff effectively.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
What you will need for this position:
- BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior auditing and payroll management experience helpful.
- Five or more years of experience in financial accounting including supervisory responsibilities of both hourly and salaried employees.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Access.
- Quick learner and self-starter.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills including the ability to maintain confidential data.
- Problem solving skills with attention to detail.