Career Transitions, LL has been awarded a recruiting project to find a Director of Finance for a premier manufacturer in southwestern lower Michigan ( St. Joseph / Benton Harbor area ). Seeking an experienced Director of Finance/Controller, with superior leadership skills and a hands-on approach to managing and motivating a team. Boardroom presence and the ability to build internal and external relationships is required. This position reports to the President of the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set accounting department priorities and strategic initiatives.
- Guide the implementation of best-in-class processes and procedures to support institutional reporting requirements.
- Implement new processes/technology to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of accounting outputs.
- Lead the accounting team to improve existing financialreporting (from timeliness and data integrity standpoint).
- Lead the development and delivery of additional reporting for the President.
- Provide guidance for technical accounting requirements, including new ERP implementation.
- Oversee and develop three to four direct reports, helping them to see their full potential and develop their skills in accounting to meet the current and future demands of the accounting function.
- Provide some leadership and guidance to the HR function and oversee HRreporting requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field from a four-year accredited college or university required; Master's degreepreferred
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred.
- 10-15 years of total experience, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Proven track record of change management and the ability to think outside the box with the flexibility to pivot with changing priorities
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to establish rapport, build and maintain effective relationships
- Strong organization and follow-up skills; ability to effectively multi-task environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Board presence