- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with all provisions of the management contract.
- Maintains contact with Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Oversee box office ticket sale receipts and reporting
- Oversees third-party food and beverage remittal reconciliations
- Assist with show settlement including payments to promoters, compile all post-show financial info to enter into GL, prepare show income/loss reports
- Oversee payroll and HR functions in the venue.
- Assists with monitoring and projections of building cash flow
- Prepare appropriate state and local tax returns to be filed timely
- Develop and implement all financialreporting, including :
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and Corporate, and other financialreports, including monthly statements, Annual Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials and financialreporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university.
- CPA or MBA a plus
- 5 or more years of experience in public accounting and/or financial management at a supervisory level or as department head.
- Experience with ADP payroll and Sage accounting
- Industry experience is preferred
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required. Must work nights and weekends if required.
- Be a business partner with other departments insuring financial success of the venue.
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Must pass background and credit check per guidelines.
Job ID 2018-4197