Our client based in Poulsbo, WA is a leading cannabis manufacturing and distribution company who are dedicated to using only the finest materials and creating innovative and unique products with a focus on quality, craftsmanship, and a healthy sprinkle of fun. They have seen tremendous growth since opening a few years ago in the state of Washington and are now looking for a Financial Controller to help lead the accounting and finance department. This is a positive and growth based company looking for people who see the long-term potential of being involved in this once in a lifetime industry.
Reporting to the CEO and having significant interaction with senior management this brand new position will oversee all finance functions including accounting, cash management, policy development, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, FP&A, budget management, forecasts preparation and financialreporting. This is an excellent opportunity to wear multiple hats and work in an entrepreneurial and growing business environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Timely reconciles cash application and disbursements.
- Monitors cash transactions to ensure that account balances to the report and any unusual items are investigated.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of inventory accuracy
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financialreporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as a Controller, Finance Director or Accounting Manager
- 7+ years of overall combined accounting and financeexperience
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting required
- Experience in the food and beverage industry required
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills