Reporting to the Division General Manager, this is a newly created position to meet the growing needs of the AssetWorks Appraisal division. This position requires a motivated and energetic individual who is detailed oriented and can meet the demands of a fast-paced, dynamic Finance department while maintaining a positive attitude. The position also requires strong verbal and written communication skills. The position is located in Pittsburgh, PA. The individual selected will interact frequently with the corporate finance team in Toronto.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides functional leadership to a team of two business administrators. One local staff plus one working remotely.
- Performs monthly and quarterly financial analysis of variances from forecast and actual financial results.
- Reviews journal entries, account reconciliations and reporting packages.
- Manages the monthly financial close process, ensures financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely, and analyzes and reviews financial statements.
- Responsible for contract review and proper revenue recognition under IFRS 15.
- Manages the Company's internal control compliance program, including identifying improvements or weaknesses in the controls.
- Primary contact for external audit.
- Various ad hoc requests.
- Demonstrated success in leading a team and managing people.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated, organized and innovative.
- Positive team player attitude and ability to motivate team members towards a common goal.
- Very detailed oriented and willing to take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with POC revenue recognition (IFRS 15) is favorable or experience/knowledge of GAAP
- Highly proficient in MS EXCEL.
NICE TO HAVE:
- CPA preferred.
- Experience in software industry is an advantage but not required.
- Experience with MS Great Plains is favorable.