You experience our products every day, though you may not recognize our name. That’s OK. We’re focused on being great, not especially flashy.
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
The Director of Finance & Accounting Process Improvement will lead process improvement and project management initiatives for North America Shared Services (SSC) with the objective to drive business impact and productivity for the organization. The Director will have interaction and visibility with C-level executives and corporate & operations leaders. This role will provide broad exposure to various areas of the business that can lead to a variety of career development opportunities. It is an excellent time to join Lehigh Hanson and take on a rewarding and meaningful role that helps to drive significant change in a rapidly evolving, stable, and growing organization.
The Director of Finance & Accounting Process Improvement will manage a staff of Six Sigma Black Belts/ Green Belts and Business Analysts to identify, develop, implement, and monitor the effectiveness of process improvement projects focused on improving cost, quality, and cycle time. The Director will report directly into the VP of Shared Services but will work in matrix relationships with various stakeholders across the organization to drive operational efficiency through high impact SSSC initiatives.
- Identify, develop, and drive process improvement projects across the company to achieve reduction in costs, improvements in quality, and faster cycle times;
- Supervise a team of Six Sigma Black Belts/ Green belts and Business Analysts providing mentorship and oversight of projects;
- Establish effective working relationships with leadership across the organization and work in matrix projects to achieve results;
- Create an ecosystem to impart six sigma training/lean process design with an objective to embed a continuous improvement culture across the department. This includes the development of a standardized approach to continuous improvement, change management, modeling of lean/six sigma transformation efforts through demonstrated leadership, development and deployment of tools, expanded functional leadership proficiency, establishment of KPI’s and visual controls for demonstrated customer and business impact and sustainability, overall value stream development and aligned organizational prioritization mechanism;
- Develop a metrics driven culture to measure processes and people through dashboards to review operating performance and project impact
- Optimize and standardize processes through BPMS and effective use of tools / digitization
- Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures (Standard operating procedures, training and exception documentation) for the team’s;
- Coach / motivate managers and display high influencing skills;
- Develop and implement process enhancements around technology and performance;
- Prepare business case, management information reporting, project performance updates for senior management to support and drive leadership decisions.
This position will be based at our corporate office in Irving, Texas. Our corporate office supports the Lehigh Hanson plants in North America and offers highly competitive benefits with no waiting period to participate in medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions. Amenities include a free fitness center, free covered parking, and on-site cafe and coffee bar. We also offer “Dress for Your Day” which gives our employees the discretion to select appropriate dress depending on the business activities of each workday.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (preferably in finance and accounting), Master’s degree in business or a related field preferred;
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt preferred;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in the management of employees;
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Result oriented and ability to work with data to drive decisions.
- Team player and experience in the management of teams with diverse skill sets (e.g. accounting, receivable, payable, operations, etc.) and the execution of large scale, multi-disciplinary projects;
- Superb problem solving skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively convey management needs to colleagues and functions throughout the Company;
- Proven verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to both internal and external client senior management; and
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Word, Power point, MS Project, Visio, and Share point.