This position will report to the Senior Director of Merchandising Operations, key areas of responsibility include oversight and management of the fashion department's authentication and copywriting team, oversight of processes related to authentication and copy while coordinating with operations leaders to support category growth.
This position is based can be based in any of the following locations: Brisbane, CA; New York, NY; Perth Amboy, NJ; or Secaucus, NJ.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish individual performance metrics for each team/employee and develop action plans to help further the employee's progression and development. Hold both teams and individuals accountable for production and quality numbers.
- Oversight and accountability for all authentication standards and practices related to fashion.
- Partner with Customer Service and Consignor Relations as needed to ensure our customers' and consignors' needs are consistently exceeded
- Provide positive and inspirational leadership by building a strong organization focused on excellence and committed to the continuous development of employee skills. In short, build a productive, engaged team that is second to none
- Develop and execute continuous improvement projects that will enable better scaling e-commerce
- Develop the right KPIs to gain insight into performance and then use those KPIs to identify key areas for continuous improvement
- Use data to make decisions with a strong understanding of balance sheet and P&L to guide key decisions
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7+ years of process operations and some merchandising experience preferably within an e-commerce company. 3+ years of experience managing a large team of diverse employees, preferably a non-exempt workforce
- Experience in workforce planning and scheduling is required. Interest in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment setting. Strong leadership abilities in managing and developing a high performing team
- Strong communication skills with a focus on being clear, simple, and direct
- Excellent business judgment, strong fact-based decision-making, problem-solving ability, and a practical sense of drawing the right conclusion
- Willingness to continuously improve, develop, understand industry best practices and desire to stay ahead of the curve
- Demonstrated ability to learn and master a back-end fulfillment software application
- Ability and experience to establish, coach & embed best practice fulfillment standards within the organization
- A sense of humor, personal integrity, competitive, collaborative working style and appreciation for the power of teamwork
- Travel will make up 30% of this role. Must be willing to travel once every 4 weeks