This individual is responsible to ensure that strategic goals related to impact services are achieved by providing Programs Department oversight and managing a robust Homeowner Services program. Team leadership and program management are essential skills for success in this position. This position will collaborate with the executive director in setting production and partner pipeline goals. This position will lead teams including staff and volunteers. This position has a direct impact in program success by leading homeownership program participants through the initial inquiry, application, partnership,
financing and homeowner lifecycle.
* B.A./B.S. required; Masters level preferred.
* 3‐5 years in nonprofit work as staff or board member.
* High attention to detail with experience in project management.
* Innovative thinker who enjoys working with people in a fast‐paced community service‐oriented
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, along with strong interpersonal skills and ability to
work collaboratively with staff, community partners and diverse community members; demonstrate
strong writing and public speaking skills.
* Highly organized, capable of self‐direction and autonomy.
* Able to work well with persons across a broad spectrum of age, culture, economic and ethnic
* An understanding of and appreciation for the mission of Loudoun Habitat for Humanity.
* High competency and experience with all Microsoft Office software (specifically Word, Excel, Power
* Point, and Outlook) and project management tools (Teams & Asana).
* This position requires some local travel in the normal course of performing job duties with mileage
reimbursement. Must have own transportation to perform job duties, valid driver’s license and
meet the state required amount of personal automobile liability insurance.
* Homeowner Services Program Management
* Manage this program with duties including develop and maintain policies and procedures for program to include applicant selection, partnership requirements, loan origination, and post‐purchase relationship management.
* Manage a pipeline of applicant and future homeowners in collaboration with the executive director and construction team production goals.
* Partner with the Homeowner Services Committee, a volunteer group providing financial mentoring, training for future homeowners, review policies, and assure application processing adheres to program polices.
* Provide staff leadership for the Homeowner Advisory Council (a Habitat homeowner group).
* Complete and maintain Qualified Loan Originator requirements, including annual training.
* Conduct annual/semi‐annual application cycles including marketing, facilitating information sessions, reviewing applications, conducting home visits, and scoring applications according to program policies and loan origination regulations.
* Manage future homeowner progress from application through home purchase including monitoring finances, completion of homeowner education and sweat equity activities, applications for financing, down payment assistance, and other financing programs, guide through home selection and loan origination tasks, prepare for home dedication and settlement activities, and support new homeowners through post‐purchase follow up.
* Collaborate with staff and other agency partners in the loan origination process including securing financing options, calculation of homebuyer affordability, and preparation for settlement.
* Facilitate future homeowner education classes and coordinate with volunteer trainers.
* Develop a quarterly homeowner newsletter identifying relevant articles and sharing resources with Habitat homeowner partners.
Family Services Programs Department Director:
* Direct supervision of the Home Repair program and Learning Center program staff member(s).
* Develop team members through coaching, goal setting, and performance management.
* Provide second level assessment of Home Repair applications.
* Collaborate in selecting Learning Center workshop content topics.
* Develop and implement a strategy for Loudoun Habitat to become a HUD Certified Housing Counselor organization.
* Prepare for and attend Home Dedications.
* Attend Board of Directors’ Meetings if requested.
* Attend and assist with special events as needed.
* Assist with other aspects of LHFH mission as needed.
Valid through: 12/21/2021
$200K — $250K *
2 days ago