Silverado Hospice. Passion. Possibilities. Purpose.
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!
Silverado is presently seeking a Director of Family and Support Services to join our Hospice team in Los Angeles, CA.
Summary of Major Functions:
- Plans, organizes and directs the operations of the Psychosocial and Spiritual Services.
- Department to include social workers, spiritual counselors, bereavement program.
- Works in conjunction with the Administrator and Director of Patient Care Services to oversee and implement day-to-day operations and program planning. This is an exempt position.
- Develops, organizes and directs volunteer and bereavement programs as well as analyzes appropriate volunteer placement in conjunction with the Volunteer and/or Bereavement Coordinator.
- Participates in and interprets the integration of the department into the total services provided by the agency.
- Educates and supervises social work and spiritual counselor staff to ensure compliance with all state and federal guidelines. •
- Supervises Psychosocial/Spiritual Care team members in evaluation of patient/family needs and in development of plan of care/treatment.
- Meets with all social work and spiritual counselor staff on a regular basis to provide case consultation, supervision and record review.
- Ensures clinical supervision is provided on a regular basis for social workers as required.
- Assists in the interviewing, hiring and terminating functions including formal evaluations of personnel under his/her supervision. • Provides orientation for new employees regarding departmental functions.
- Visits nursing facilities and/or home patients to evaluate quality of care and services provided.
- Observes for safety hazards in the patient’s and organization’s environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate them.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other agencies and organizations in community toward meeting community needs and services.
- Participates in QAPI Program, Safety Committee and other Committees as needed.
- Maintains continuing education through academic studies, seminars, and workshops
- Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings and case conferences.
- Reports the status of departmental functioning to management on a regular basis.
- Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.
- Complies with hospice policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
- Performs all related duties as assigned.
- Understands and exemplifies Silverado’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Understands and actively promotes Silverado’s LOVE>fear operating philosophy.
- Develops standards, policies and procedures for Psychosocial and Spiritual Care Programs and Services.
- Masters Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or Masters of divinity from a School of Theology.
- Supervisory experience in hospice, long-term care, hospital and/or home health care.