Mental Health Facility seeking Director of Facilities. Must be willing to travel through all boroughs.
* Together with the Director of Operations, creates a plan to ensure optimal maintenance of all buildings and grounds; periodically evaluates plan, develops alternatives and recommends changes as needed.
* Provides Director of Operations with routine status reports and advises him/her of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of maintenance objectives
* Hands-On Manager of the day-to-day operations of the Maintenance department; develops and oversees the execution of policies and procedures by department staff
* Originates immediate and long-range priorities for routine and preventive maintenance and renovation projects; determines and evaluates implementation requirements and costs
* Oversees development, implementation, evaluation, and communication of maintenance procedures to all operating departments; ensures that procedures are followed, and issues/incidents are reported as required
* Sources and evaluates vendors and suppliers; initiates, maintains and cultivates vendor and supplier relationships; negotiates requirements, cost, substitutions, scheduling, quality, delivery, and contractual agreements
* Oversees capital projects performed by internal staff or external contractors; reviews and ensures updates to architectural drawings and blueprints and inspects completed work for conformance to specifications; authorizes payment for successful completion of vendor projects
* Ensures that all utility systems are fully operational and inspected in accordance with preventive maintenance schedules
* Ensures that safety and work injury procedures are enforced in accordance with policies and applicable laws and regulations; manages compliance for OSHA regulations; schedules on-going Life Safety inspections; responsible for Fire Safety including drills, procedures and training
* Oversees the maintenance, cleaning and landscaping of buildings, grounds and cemetery to ensure that aesthetic and sanitation standards are maintained throughout the campus
* Prepares periodic reports on the status of current facilities and needed capital improvements for the Director of Operations
* Maintains awareness of applicable laws and regulations
* Stays abreast of current maintenance techniques and practices
* Performs other duties as assigned
5+ years* experience