Director of Facilities
5 - 7 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the primary responsibility of the Director Facilities to provide strategic leadership and direction for the Facilities Department. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
• Directs and manages all functions performed within the facilities operation.
• Develops and implements strategic plan and vision for the division consistent with MGM Springfield’s strategic vision.
• Provides leadership in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets, division operations, and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability for MGM Springfield.
• Provides leadership and direction in the development, execution and measurement of guest service standards within Property Operation to include to include the management of all technical trade classifications (Engineers, Electricians, Carpenters, Painters, Laborers, Maintenance Warehouse, Gardeners, Drivers, Facilities Safety Systems Operators, etc.) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
• Directs the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure MGM Springfield’s competitive position in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality/gaming environment.
• Oversee Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
• Works with Human Resources and Labor Relations on collective bargaining issues, resolving grievances and furthering the property’s relationships with its unions, as applicable.
• Establishes accountability processes for division; ensures compliance with the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy, company policies, legal requirements, and collective bargaining agreements.
• Works closely with department management to ensure the establishment of sound operational business practices that produce positive methods to ensure all projects/assignment produce quality results, remain within budgetary constraints and meet targeted deadlines.
• Ensures the physical plant meets all city/state/federal codes and safety standards. Develops cost proposals and cost estimates for equipment, changes to the physical plant and allocation of resources as needed.
• Provides management guidance and technical direction in the resolution of problems associated with maintenance, facilities and landscaping issues.
• Develops protocol for building and modifying departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
• Develops and implements departmental recognition programs
• Provides guidance for the development of data collection and trend building
• Monitors all utility agreements and ensures that they are properly contracted and executed
• Develops and implements a daily checklist for engineering rounds
• Performs a test of the back-up generating equipment in accordance with NFPA standards
• Manages all aspects of the Central Utility Plant, Kitchen and other physical property
• Provides management guidance and technical direction in the resolution of problems associated with maintenance, facilities, conservatory and landscaping issues.
• Performs other management duties as required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
• Dir Facilities
• Mgr Horticulture
• Mgr Division Training Development
• Exec Asst
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent education and experience
• Seven (7) years’ experience in facilities/engineering, including experience in progressive management role(s), project management, and/or gaming
• Effectively communicate in English, both oral and written forms
• Experience working in a similar resort setting.
• Previous experience working in an union environment
• Previous senior management level position with strong facilities and maintenance background within a major hotel facility operation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• MA Gaming License
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• In-depth knowledge of all disciplines within property operations to include all technical trades (Engineers, Electricians, Carpenters, Painters, Laborers, Maintenance Warehouse, Gardeners, Drivers, etc.).
• Previous experience with design and construction of changes to the physical plant.
• In depth understanding and management of safety systems.
• Expertise in working in a union environment.
• Understanding of collective bargaining agreements.
• Strong leadership abilities, sound judgment, superior decision making and problem solving skills to effectively manage the department.
• Must have a pro-active management style that looks beyond problems and current practices to develop solutions to maximize the effectiveness of the department.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and project management skills, with particular attention to quality and detail.
• Possess understanding of general accounting principles to interpret statistical information.
• Develop recommendations and present findings to management regarding employee related issues.
• Computer proficiency.
• Work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
• Ability to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude.
• Ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to withstand prolonged standing or walking, manual dexterity and mobility to use computer.
• Must be able to access all areas of the property and have the ability to attend company business in Las Vegas or other jurisdictions.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
• Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to MGM Springfield’s standards.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
• Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies
• Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.