Plan and direct the Facilities Management systems, equipment, and policies designed to create a controlled Environment of Care (EOC).
Coordinate the activities of the Facilities Management to provide daily work order response and preventive maintenance, and ensure the reliability of the facility's equipment and systems.
Direct and manage the Utility Management and Life Safety Programs; Support other EOC disciplines as required by the facility.
Research methods of energy conservation and create energy conservation measures.
Cooperate with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Participate in the Safety and Capital committees.
- Monitor production, workflow, and time schedule.
- Make changes as needed to improve efficiency and quality of work performed by trade personnel and outside contractors.
- Perform monthly quality assurance on 10% of work orders and maintenance work orders selected at random.
- Complete 18% of the annually required mechanical and equipment space inspections (2 inspections per space per year) on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the average completion rate for a routine work order is less than three days.
- Coordinate planning, scheduling, and implementation of activities to accomplish work in cooperation with other sections of the department and/or other facility departments and services.
- Assist in the development of capital and operating expense budget.
- Provide technical assistance to trades personnel.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings that incorporate the use of safety and technical training sessions, presenting material in a manner that fosters understanding and willingness to learn by the participants.
- Keep department overtime to a minimum; use it for snow removal and emergency calls.
- Communicate clearly with other departments to carry out projects effectively, with little disruption to the affected department.
- Maintain operations within the approved budget.
- Maintain projects within the approved budget and established time frame.
- Ensure completion of corrective work orders within allotted time frames as agreed upon with the Client.
- Ensure completion of Preventive Maintenance on all critical equipment and life safety systems within time frames established by the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) and agreed upon with the Client.
- Ensure smooth operation of capital renovations and plant upgrades.
- Ensure continued education of the department staff through trades training for their specific trade.
- Analyze trends and data to ensure operationally sound systems and equipment.
- Update and write policies and procedures clearly and concisely in a timely manner, evidenced by few questions or misunderstandings regarding new policies and procedures.
- Objectively evaluate employees' performance and competencies and provide constructive feedback.
- Foster and encourage teamwork among associates.
- Make decisions and solve problems within broad latitude, often without guidance or feedback from others.
- Assume accountability for final decisions.
- Fully research solutions, and review options prior to making decisions or soliciting feedback from others.
- Schedule and delegate work to staff to ensure timely and efficient completion and quality results.
- Reassign work to associates, providing sufficient notice.
- Attend facility-sponsored training in Blood Borne Pathogens, Fire Safety, Right-To-Know, and Chemical Hygiene.
- May be required to drive personal or facility owned vehicles for business purposes. If so, drivers will be subject to an initial driving record review (for currency of licensure as well as violations) and periodic reviews thereafter.
- Interpret blueprint drawings and sketches.
- Design and implement renovations and plant upgrades.
- Communicate and collaborate with all facility personnel.
- Compose general correspondence using appropriate grammar and writing style.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Facilities Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Three to Five years of experience managing a facility health care Facilities Management.