LinQuest is seeking a Director of Facilitates to join our team in one of our offices in Chantilly, VA, Colorado Springs, or Los Angeles, CA. The Director of Facilities will be responsible for directing and overseeing all functions of the organization associated with new and existing facilities. This position will oversee the current portfolio of over 20 leases, 180,000 sq ft and total lease revenue of $22M, while working with leadership to strategically align facility management with the growth of the company. Will be in charge of managing the annual indirect facilities budget, to include projecting what is needed for future budgets when new contracts are awarded for new facility occupancy, and managing to that budget. Expertise will be required in working with corporate broker to locate new facilities, assist with lease review, and oversee the project management of the build out of properties. Will work with Facility Manager to implement day-to-day facility issues to keep the offices running smoothly at all times.
- Develop strategic long range plans to align with company's strategic goals
- Participate in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures; prepare cost estimates; submit justifications for all facility related items
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, develop and delegate the work of building out new facilities and working with contractors for tenant or Landlord buildouts.
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing facility standards, policies, and procedures.
- Implement cost efficiencies by implementing company standards with specific vendors to use throughout organization
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the field of facility oversight
- Develop alternative work environments in existing and new facilities to create efficiencies and opportunities for company branding
- Create risk management efficiencies on current facilities against contractual parameters
- Work with Human Resources Department to organize and implement Health and Safety program
- Manage the organization and implementation of the Emergency Preparedness Program throughout company
- Implement standards for physical security measures to safeguard risk and vulnerability issues in facilities
- Perform other duties as assigned including leading projects with upper leadership and participation in the infrastructure project committees
- Assist with proposal writing for facility requirements for establishing new offices for company growth
- Keep COIs up to date with Insurance company on an annual basis
- Work with Facility Manager to monitor cost and control supplies and furniture, keeping updated asset lists for each office
- Proven leadership and supervisory competencies to be able to lead, influence, manage and motivate co-workers and employees
- Proficient with project management and overseeing construction projects and teams
- Ability to troubleshoot and use logic to analyze and problem solve utilizing facts from data to draw conclusions
- Self-starter and critical thinker with excellent time management skills, project management and ability to establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve those objectives.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as the ability to articulate clear messages
- Knowledgeable of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Understanding of complex budgeting oversight
- Be able to make technical and data driven decisions and execute with limited management support
- Computer literate and able to fully utilize all facets of Microsoft software
- Able to read and interpret documents such, as blue prints or mechanical drawings
- Ability to multi task and shift priorities with little or no notice.
- The position, will require someone with a Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification such as project management, or business management as well as the following:
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of business administration
- Working knowledge of financial principles and practices
- Working knowledge of procurement and contracts
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- Experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation
- Supervisory experience
- Solid computer and systems knowledge
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and Management
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Working knowledge of human resource management principles and practices.