Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
Interested in a stunning property with growth potential? A NEW place to expand your knowledge and utilize your abilities? Join us, become a part of our family at The Grove Resort & Spa, home of “Beesly the Bee”, a NEW Upscale Resort in Orlando Florida. Discover the unexpected, where every experience is given that extra touch.
Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability, Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees as well as complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your highexpectations.
BASIC FUNCTION: To maintain the entire hotel facility, including physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, H.V.A.C. systems and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. Ensure the upkeep of guest areas to maintain an attractive hotel. Manage all rehabilitation, expansion, and special projects.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
v Five years minimum as Chief Engineer in a condo hotel environment (1000+ rooms). Must have project management skills and prefer condo resort background. Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components, and devices, HVAC systems, boilers mechanical systems, and the maintenance and repair of all.
v Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new and existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety.
v Skill in use of computers and software programs associated with property operations.
v Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals, and products relating to the department.
v Excellent English verbal, and written, and interpersonal communication skills.
v Ability to remain informed on state-of-the-art developments effecting the safe, and effective operation of the building facility.
v Ability to analyze all associated systems as to their design, intent, and effective performance.
v Any licenses or permits that may be required by law or company regulations, such as an Electrician's license.
v Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees, offering assistance in areas where they lack knowledge, skills or experience Able to rephrase, or "translate" fairly technical information into terms in which a lay person may easily understand.
v Additional language ability preferred.
v Four-year college degree or equivalent.
v Ability to make quick decisions in high stress situations.
v Excellent customer service skills.
v Pleasant and positive personality.
v Well organized.
v Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities.
v Must possess highly developed communication skills to negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guest(s), and/or corporate clients.
v Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
v Ability to listen effectively, speaks, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
v Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
v Intermediate or above experience in Excel formulas for forecasting and scheduling
1. Be a role model for Be The Difference Culture.
2. Task and Objective Collection: capturing a large array of requests, issues, projects, even keeping track of stakeholder and vendor obligations. Software (HotSOS) is the key tool to collect and disperse daily operational tasks, though requires manual entry for preventative maintenance and project related tasks. “Self collecting” through inspection, and self-determining projects to reduce reported issues.
3. Tasks Scheduling and Prioritizing: HotSOS disseminates immediate maintenance tasks, but internal projects and “Loose Ends” are scheduled outside HotSOS.
4. Financial Management: HOA billing to owners, Warranty billing, “Loose ends” financial management.
5. Strategic Planning: Pace of growth for area, managing project needs, participating in the expansion of the project.
6. Conducts walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and any other related equipment.
7. Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovations projects to offices, and employee work areas.
8. Adheres to all Home Office required purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside
contractor bids, budgets and schedules.
9. Maintains effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs, conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
10. Inform the General Manager and hotel department heads on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent, and cost effective proposals for maintaining same. Accesses and inputs information into a computer and generates reports.
11. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
12. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
13. Maintains appropriate supply of materials and equipment to carry out the normal day to day operating and maintenance requirements of the hotel.
14. Maintains organized and efficient administrative and filing systems within Property Operations for the timely and accurate handling of correspondence, reports, requisitions for purchase, and other administrative requirements of the department.
15. Maintains a well-defined, and organized system within the shop for the inventory, maintenance, and storage of all tools, products, materials, and equipment necessary to execute the required activities of the department.
16. Immediately available to report to the hotel in the event of any hotel emergency which necessitates the skills and expertise of the Director of Property Operations. By example such emergencies may include, but not be limited to fires, power or other equipment failures, floods, lighting, earthquake, or other disasters of similar nature and magnitude.
17. Perform other duties as requested, such as coordination and supervision of special guest requests for room and/or meeting space modification, construction of props for special hotel functions and employee relations events.
18. Responsible for maintaining a consistently smooth running operation.
19. Forecasting and scheduling of staff according to occupancy levels.
20. Daily tracking of payroll and revenue.
21. Ensure physical atmosphere and cleanliness of all areas of responsibilities.
22. Monitoring of all current inventories and assists in end of the month inventories.
23. Responsible for ordering of product.
24. Responsible for timely performance evaluations of staff.
25. Maintaining profitability through forecasting and staffing.
26. Handling of guest complaints in a professional and efficient manner.
27. Providing a pleasant and efficient atmosphere for staff and guests.
28. Execute business/marketing plan, and payroll and revenue forecasts to meet/exceed management expectations.
29. Manage all property programs to ensure compliance with the SOPs and STOs; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
30. Assist in recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, mentoring, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through home office guidelines, hold monthly meetings.
31. Manage the maintenance/sanitation of the Food and Beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service. Must have Serve Safe Certification and State Sanitation Certification.
32. Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
33. Performs any other duties required or requested by management.
1. Execute and promote accident prevention program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
2. Perform other job-related functions as required. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
3. Regular attendance at all required meetings which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
4. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.